What's new

Transformers (2007) (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Oh boy, the movie will be on both BD and HD DVD, this may be the movie that pushes me over the edge to getting into one of those formats.

I was thinking about all the TR I had and it occured to me that collectively I had every G1 TF, just not all at once because of trades etc.. and a few G2 ones, Blaster, Perceptor, Wheelie, Kup, Blurr, Hot Rod, Galvatron (very cool fig!), Ultra Magnus, Metroplex and Trypticon.

If only I still had them. :frowning:

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Those were all G1 toys (3rd wave, first wave post-movie). You need to work on your terminology, or read my previous post on the correct definitions and history of G1 and G2.

I had Ratchet, Galvatron, Wreck-Gar and Astrotrain. My brother had a few of the minis like Cosmos, and my cousin had almost the entire line of G1s.

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
Yeah, I still have all the G1 and the very same G2 Transformers you posted (7 boxes total). Shoot, I still have all my Star Wars 12" (all the way up to the Skiff Lando wave) in storage. May need to have a garage sale someday; although, I don't think they are in the best shape. :D

John, did you pic up any of the new TF figs yet?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Nah, i'm not really all that impressed with them, like I said Bay's design's are so remarkably complex with so many minute parts and insane detail that it's impossible to faithfully replicate them in mass-produced toy form, plus there's no chromed parts on the new toys, just standard grey molded plastic which makes them look cheap. That could be rectified by applying some Alcolt to them but it would take a lot of it and a lot of time. :eek:

But it's hardly worth it because the body designs aren't film accurate to start with so it would be like trying to polish a turd. ;)

I'll hold out until a high end toy and collectible company can do them either as statues or as higher quality figures, companies such as NECA, Sideshow or Gentle Giant would be great. But like I said if they would do more Unleashed figs like the one they did for Bumblebee that would work for me, that's a decent looking mini statue of him.

Nolesrule,
sorry, but you can understand how one could make that mistake by going on the movie, for some reason the one's I mentioned always seemed separate in my mind from the originals and I get them mixed up sometimes, too many TF's to keep track of. :D

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
My pleasure. I'm hoping we something from them at SDCC along with Sideshow's new Indy line.

Transformers is closer to $300 mil ($262,969,000 domestic).

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I finally had the chance to catch this over the weekend with my brother, who was a big Transformers fan as a child. I have to say I was extremely disappointed. It just seemed like it was all flash and no substance. The effects and action scenes were cool, but I need more than that. And some of the dialogue was cringe-worthy. Finally, it felt more like a General Motors commercial. Overall I'd give it one and a half stars out of five.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Jetfire gets my vote too.....

I thought GoBots came out first here in the US too.. There were much smaller etc........

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I also hope they use Soundwave in the next movie. And I really hope they use the original voice. It was perfect. Will he go from a cassette player to an Ipod? ;)

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Count my vote in to have the Dinobots appear (even if it's a flashback) in the next movie. I also want to see Soundwave and Shockwave.

Also, with the Transformers movie being such a huge success, I wonder if other studios are thinking about starting their own big robot franchise. If so, I would love to see a live action Shogun Warriors or Robotech on the big screen.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Not particulary disappointed, but then I went in with low expectations as I have yet to like any film by Michael Bay except The Rock. The guy cant seem to let a shot pass for more than 5 seconds without a cut (and those that were longer seemed dictated by the FX from ILM rather than him). Nor does he seem to be able to do without a soundtrack from Hans Zimmer (I assume it was him) which riffs on Crimson Tide.

What I did like was Shia LeBeouf who made me feel much better about Indy IV next year. The robot effects were outstanding, though I also felt the camera needed to pull back a little (the opening attack was much better at this).

What I didnt like was the usual Bay trademarks. I've heard of actors and directors not wanting to be typecast, but Bay seems to revel in it.

BTW I live in Qatar and there is no way it looks anything like that. No mountains for a start (it's basically just flat) and you couldn't walk for more than half an hour without bumping into a car. Yes they do have roads!!! The broken down town in the middle of nowhere ?? Please!!! Made me smile though :)

:star::star: out of :star::star::star::star::star:

Najib_H

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know when the films instrumental soundtrack is coming out? Not the the one that is out already. The movie has been out for 2 months and no sign yet?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks