What's new

Transformers (2007) (1 Viewer)

Sherief

Auditioning
Ricardo_C
that is one movie I would like to see! as a matter of fact grendizer/goldarock has more story than tranzer/mazinger z but great to see a fan in this board:D :emoji_thumbsup:

Sean*O

Second Unit
I always thought it might be cool to see a live action MACROSS film trilogy. Spend a few hundred million and do it right.. could be cool.

Donnacha

Auditioning
Andy Sheets: Tom DeSanto mentioned early on that they probably won't have anyone shrinking when transforming, as that would be too hard to explain.

Personally, I thought "THEY CAME FROM SPACE, THEY CAN DO ANYTHING" works pretty well. Whatever; I trust DeSanto.

I hear good things about The Island too, so I hope that Bay doesn't find a way to mess up a movie about fighting robots.

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
Yep, I'm there opening night. (The inner child of the 80s will demand it of me.)

I just hope they don't take it too seriously, and forget to have some fun with the film.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Well, I'm not a huge Michael Bay fan, but I think this is the kind of thing he may do pretty well with. I'm actually looking forward to seeing The Island. I've always thought Bay had a great visual sense; he just tends to let things get away from him (although I don't know if it was his fault or Bruckheimer's).

If nothing else, I just think it's cool that Spielberg's name is attached to a Transformers movie. :D

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg

Indeed. I remember reading that he flew out to the Hasbro offices and convinced them to give Dreamworks the rights...

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Boy, count me in on this one. My son will be 6 and he is already a big Transformers: The Movie fan at the age of 4. His dad is rubbing off on him. :D

Sean*O

Second Unit
I kind of wish Speilberg would step up and direct it himself. Movies where he has served as producer have not been nearly on par with those he also directs.

I don't trust Bay. His style might suit this material, but his record is spotty.

Come on Steven, this could be your Star Wars. Direct it yourself.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
[shrug] He produced The Goonies, Back to the Future, Poltergeist, Gremlins, Band of Brothers (not a movie, but on the scale of one) and plenty of others that have been just fine. As long as he keeps Bay's ego and tendency for excess in check this should work out pretty well.

Sean*O

Second Unit
[Shrug] Also, The Haunting, The Money Pit, Harry & The Hendersons, Innerspace, Back To The Future 2, Joe vs The Volcano, Gremlins 2, The Flintstones, Casper, Jurassic Park 3.. you get the point.

None of those are necessarily bad films, I own a few of them myself, they just aren't on par with the stuff he usually directs.

The point being that if Speilberg is passionate enough to pursue the rights to the film as he did, then he realizes that this is a franchise that a lot of people from across 2 generations love, and he should consider doing it himself precisely because he is so passionate about it.

I did not hear of Michael Bay vying for the rights to shoot this picture from Hasbro.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Wow, this sounds bad...

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20836

Producers fighting? Bay probably dropping out?

Course, can't say I'd agree with a guy who thinks Starship Troopers is an "awesome" film for "retards", and at the same time think that Bay is more special than any of the other guys out there....

Jason

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
While I love a lot of Verhoeven's work (including Starship Troopers), he really wouldn't be right for the project. He tends to put a rather unique, ironic look at his action material and I think fans of this franchise would prefer a more sincere approach. Its kind of a pity that Bay might drop out as there don't seem to be any viable replacements out there now.

I'm glad that Spielberg seems to care about the project. There's a charming video of him at www.transformerslive.com in which he talks about how he likes to buy the toys and play with them and of his general faith in the potential of the movies. I do wish he cared enough to direct the film himself!

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
While I love a lot of Verhoeven's work (including Starship Troopers), he really wouldn't be right for the project.
Oh, I'm not saying he'd be the right person for the job, it is just that I don't think much of a guy who thinks Starship Troopers is "awesome" for "retards", when Bay has been the master of mindless action films. While ST has many flaws, it has a subversive quality that Bay could only dream of capturing.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks