What's new

Tom Green actually turns up to the Razzies to collect 4 awards! (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Tom Green received Worst Picture, Director, Actor, and Couple (with various animals :D) at this years Razzies and turned up to collect the prizes.
Damn, I wish it was televised. His acceptance speeches would have been hilarious. A quote from one speech: "I'd just like to say to all the other nominees in the audience, I don't think that I deserve it anymore than the rest of you. I'd like to say that. I don't think that it would be true, though." ;)
Good on you Tom. Thats the spirit. Take it like a man. :D

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I thought that was great. They showed that in the ticker on E! during the Oscar Preshow. "Tom Green sweeps the Razzies. Becomes first winner to personally accept the awards." :D

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
I think he's only the first actor to collect his awards - Paul Verhoeven personally picked up his worst director award for Showgirls...

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Considering how low his reputation is right now - what has he got to lose going along with it.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
It's not like Tom Green personally accepting the awards is some kind of last minute "I'll be funny to save face" gesture. Tom Green is very proud of Freddy Got Fingered and probably sees the Razzies as a great honor. The movie is said to be one of the worst ever made, but it definitely found it's audience. The movie wasn't made for critics, and Tom knew that right from the start (he actually poked fun of how they actually found a quote for the movie poster in the film's advertising). I personally loved Freddy Got Fingered. Besides, what have I got to "loose"?

Gavin_L

Second Unit
thought it was pretty funny, when he arrived and rolled out his own red carpert. anyways i think tom green is a good guy.

Benny G

Second Unit
Considering how low his reputation is right now - what has he got to lose going along with it.
Well, I'm not sure about all of HTF's film and Hollywood connoisseurs, but I'd say Tom Green's reputation is not that low. He just hasn't been active with anything. I know a lot of people who love his stuff. (I do agree that Freddy Got Fingered wasn't the best movie ever, but it was certainly good for a few laughs from me.)

Tom Green seems to love what he does. That's all that really matters.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I will never see FGF, and I am not a huge fan of Tom's work, but...
MAD PROPS TO TOM GREEN for doing this! I know it's standard for him, but it shows a lack of ego, and that's refreshing:D
Take care,
Chuck

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Not sure if it's "bravery" or a chance at some easy press, but either way - I'm impressed that he picked up the awards.

I'm not a fan of Tom Green's, but I like that he showed up to The Razzies in person.

Butch C

Second Unit
You talk of 'carear' like he's some aspiring actor from Juliard!

Hes a freakin insane Canadian with a public acess show picked up by MTV who got to bag a Hollywood Hottie and make 2 movies and some comercials...the guy is playin with house money dude.

Eric Thrall

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know where you heard that about Cosby, but I doubt he came to the ceremony - I've seen many different stories and press releases, and they all say that Green is the first actor to appear and accept an award at the ceremony.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
I just thought they were announced. I had no idea there was an actual ceremony.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Anyone who saw Tom Green's hour-long special with Monica Lewinsky knows that he loves to f#*k with the press. :)

Archie

Auditioning
Being from Ottawa it is unreal to see how big Tom Green is. And in typical Tom Green humour showing and accepting the Razzi fits right in.

Tom just has fun and likes to see how far his humour can go. I had to be is spotter one night at an awards show a few years ago and did I get the full blunt of his humour. But you take it in stride and fun with it. There is a reason for what he does...but alas we will never know.

Oh I enjoyed FGF. Lots of Ottawa jokes that were subtely placed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks