1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Time Tunnel S1 &2 - Good buy?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by MattPeriolat, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Gary OS

Gary OS Well-Known Member

Gary
    Okay, that was a little rude. Perhaps if I mix in a Mannix question or comment I'll get an answer.

Gary "just kidding - although I still do want to know what the alt ending thingy is all about" O.

2. Jack P

Jack P Well-Known Member

The alterate ending was shot in case the pilot didn't sell whereupon the end product would have been dumped on the market as a self-contained theatrical release. This was a hastily shot thing done that would have transitioned out of the prehistoric sequence that concludes the unaired version of the pilot released on DVD where Tony and Doug see the tunnel and run toward the light that leads back to the lab. There's no reunion scene in the lab it just has them running off shouting happily to their colleagues that they can see them.

3. Gary OS

Gary OS Well-Known Member

Gary
    Quote:

Cool. Thanks for taking the time and sharing that. Sounds very interesting. I'm sending you my Mike Connors autographed life-size poster to say "thanks." Well, okay. I don't have one of those. But thanks nonetheless.

Gary "I'd have loved to see Time Tunnel get a second season" O.

4. Harry-N

Harry-N Well-Known Member

Harry N.
    From the Sawyer's Viewmaster of THE TIME TUNNEL, the last slide:

[​IMG]

Harry

5. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Well-Known Member

Howie
    As much as I was disappointed in 1967 when the series did not return I'm with you. In hindsight I see where the "Irwin Allen Effect" was beginning to rear its ugly head at the end of S1 sending the series towards a pale shadow of its former self. Of course, had it continued I'd have still watched and would later purchase the DVD sets that would have appeared as I've done for the other Irwin Allen series, but somehow I'm glad there's only a single season.

6. DVD S.

DVD S. Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree..
    this show should have had a 2nd season.
    It was the most appealing of all the fall '66
    ABC shows and regardless of an 'Irwin Allen
    effect' or not, I am sure most would agree that
    we would have gotten several decent or better
    episodes in season 2.
    I would enjoy it and be watching it.
    :star:

7. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Well-Known Member

Henry.
    Would certainly have loved another season, not all the stories surely would've been going into ridiculous territory and some could've transported/involved the three lab leads more. Plenty of cool ideas and places left for them to go in history.

8. younger1968

younger1968 Well-Known Member

paul young
    I think you could have done a 2nd season as there is lots of history that could be used. I would have love to see the final episode with the guys returning home.

9. Mark Collins

Mark Collins Well-Known Member

Mark
    I have those viewmaster sets from Voyage Tunnel and Dark Shadows. The same one I looked at when I was kid. I had no idea that jungle Time Tunnel was in there. Long time since I viewed them. I am glad the book explained that it was the scene which would end season one and begin season 2. Mean spirted of ABC to tell Irwin Allen TT would go on at the same time as Lost in Space if it went on for another season I also did no like Land of the Giants though a fan as a kid had to choice for Allen cancel Voygage or go with Giants. Here in Chicago TT went right on after the ABC reruns. Monday nights one per week in 1967. The viewing was like TT had not ended. Voyage also went right into syndication 1968. I could catch it right before the local news. Major cities received the show and then in 1972 TT and Voyage expanded to the local stations around the country. LIS had yet to go into syndication but as we know it became the largest hit for Irwin Allen.

10. Mark Collins

Mark
    Time Tunnel fans buy this book!! I love how Richard Basehart was asked by Irwin to do a voice over in Lost in Space. He stated he wanted to no one to know it was him!! Well we do now LOL

11. Mark Collins

Mark
    Who watched the Peal Harbor episode yesterday? Man you can really see how it stands out. Irwin put a great deal of money into this episode sets everything. Fantastic epiosode and enjoyed watching it again even though I just viewed it some weeks back. I as I have said rewatch the show every Friday night just like when I was kid. End the show with the last episode in the spring and reboot it in the fall with episode 1.

12. younger1968

younger1968 Well-Known Member

paul young
    I love that episode, but i also have 3-Part mni series that would be also something else to watch as tribute to Pearl Harbor.