What's new

Time Tunnel S1 &2 - Good buy? (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Okay, that was a little rude. Perhaps if I mix in a Mannix question or comment I'll get an answer.

Gary "just kidding - although I still do want to know what the alt ending thingy is all about" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The alterate ending was shot in case the pilot didn't sell whereupon the end product would have been dumped on the market as a self-contained theatrical release. This was a hastily shot thing done that would have transitioned out of the prehistoric sequence that concludes the unaired version of the pilot released on DVD where Tony and Doug see the tunnel and run toward the light that leads back to the lab. There's no reunion scene in the lab it just has them running off shouting happily to their colleagues that they can see them.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack P /t/284240/time-tunnel-s1-2-good-buy/120#post_3969781
The alterate ending was shot in case the pilot didn't sell whereupon the end product would have been dumped on the market as a self-contained theatrical release. This was a hastily shot thing done that would have transitioned out of the prehistoric sequence that concludes the unaired version of the pilot released on DVD where Tony and Doug see the tunnel and run toward the light that leads back to the lab. There's no reunion scene in the lab it just has them running off shouting happily to their colleagues that they can see them.

Cool. Thanks for taking the time and sharing that. Sounds very interesting. I'm sending you my Mike Connors autographed life-size poster to say "thanks." Well, okay. I don't have one of those. But thanks nonetheless.

Gary "I'd have loved to see Time Tunnel get a second season" O.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
From the Sawyer's Viewmaster of THE TIME TUNNEL, the last slide:

714f5eaf_scan0021.jpeg

Harry

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
DeWilson said:
...I hate to say it, but perhaps ABC did the right thing in canceling the series - just look how "Voyage" lost it's Great Science Fiction/Espionage edge by mid second season for "Monster of The Week"/Bad Science Fiction stories for the remainder of the series.
"Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea : Time-Lock" is a clear example of the type of TIME TUNNEL episodes we would have gotten in 1967-1968!
As much as I was disappointed in 1967 when the series did not return I'm with you. In hindsight I see where the "Irwin Allen Effect" was beginning to rear its ugly head at the end of S1 sending the series towards a pale shadow of its former self. Of course, had it continued I'd have still watched and would later purchase the DVD sets that would have appeared as I've done for the other Irwin Allen series, but somehow I'm glad there's only a single season.

DVD S.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Sarff
I respectfully disagree..
this show should have had a 2nd season.
It was the most appealing of all the fall '66
ABC shows and regardless of an 'Irwin Allen
effect' or not, I am sure most would agree that
we would have gotten several decent or better
episodes in season 2.
I would enjoy it and be watching it.
:star:

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Would certainly have loved another season, not all the stories surely would've been going into ridiculous territory and some could've transported/involved the three lab leads more. Plenty of cool ideas and places left for them to go in history.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
HenryDuBrow said:
Would certainly have loved another season, not all the stories surely would've been going into ridiculous territory and some could've transported/involved the three lab leads more. Plenty of cool ideas and places left for them to go in history.
I think you could have done a 2nd season as there is lots of history that could be used. I would have love to see the final episode with the guys returning home.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I have those viewmaster sets from Voyage Tunnel and Dark Shadows. The same one I looked at when I was kid. I had no idea that jungle Time Tunnel was in there. Long time since I viewed them. I am glad the book explained that it was the scene which would end season one and begin season 2. Mean spirted of ABC to tell Irwin Allen TT would go on at the same time as Lost in Space if it went on for another season I also did no like Land of the Giants though a fan as a kid had to choice for Allen cancel Voygage or go with Giants. Here in Chicago TT went right on after the ABC reruns. Monday nights one per week in 1967. The viewing was like TT had not ended. Voyage also went right into syndication 1968. I could catch it right before the local news. Major cities received the show and then in 1972 TT and Voyage expanded to the local stations around the country. LIS had yet to go into syndication but as we know it became the largest hit for Irwin Allen.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Time Tunnel fans buy this book!! I love how Richard Basehart was asked by Irwin to do a voice over in Lost in Space. He stated he wanted to no one to know it was him!! Well we do now LOL

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Who watched the Peal Harbor episode yesterday? Man you can really see how it stands out. Irwin put a great deal of money into this episode sets everything. Fantastic epiosode and enjoyed watching it again even though I just viewed it some weeks back. I as I have said rewatch the show every Friday night just like when I was kid. End the show with the last episode in the spring and reboot it in the fall with episode 1.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Mark Collins said:
Who watched the Peal Harbor episode yesterday? Man you can really see how it stands out. Irwin put a great deal of money into this episode sets everything. Fantastic epiosode and enjoyed watching it again even though I just viewed it some weeks back. I as I have said rewatch the show every Friday night just like when I was kid. End the show with the last episode in the spring and reboot it in the fall with episode 1.
I love that episode, but i also have 3-Part mni series that would be also something else to watch as tribute to Pearl Harbor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks