What's new

This Is A Bit Scary... (DC Sniper merged thread) (1 Viewer)

Alex S

Second Unit
They got the right guys.

They found a .223 rifle, a scope and a tripod in their car.
The car also has a hole in the trunk that they probably shot from. They have Malvo's fingerprint on one of the letters the sniper sent to police. They asked police to transfer the $10,000,000 to a credit card they stole from a woman they killed in the liqour store in Alabama. (Malvo's prints were found at the liqour store as well)
The tree stump bullet fragments match the bullet fragments from the sniper victims.

Case closed !

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
They found a .223 rifle, a scope and a tripod in their car. The car also has a hole in the trunk that they probably shot from. They have Malvo's fingerprint on one of the letters the sniper sent to police. They asked police to transfer the $10,000,000 to a credit card they stole from a woman they killed in the liqour store in Alabama. (Malvo's prints were found at the liqour store as well)
The tree stump bullet fragments match the bullet fragments from the sniper victims.
Ok, I'm convinced now. These guys were more lucky than good. Firing from the trunk of a car. They obviously are pretty stupid too, transfer 10 million to a credit card? They have the death penalty in Alabama, what about Maryland and Virginia? 10 dead (11 if you add in the Alabama woman), do they get to fry these guys 10 times? Switch on...switch off...switch on...switch off...

Good it doesn't seem to be those Al Quida morons and its just home grown idiots instead. Will be interesting to hear what their motives were though and how it all started and the full text of the letters.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
After review, the Moderator Staff has decided to reopen this thread under the following posting parameters:
  • No disparaging religious remarks are allowed.
  • No comments about captital punishment whether supportive or non-supportive of it are allowed.
In short, we're trying to avoid any arguments among the membership about religion or the pros and cons of capital punishment.
Any member that violates these posting guidelines will have their posting privileges suspended!
Robert Crawford
HTF Administrator

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Well surprise! It's apparently yet another (pair of) gutless loser(s) acting out his (their) rage at the expense of defenseless citizens. Such sociopathic miscreants are beneath contempt.

The worst part is that this type of scum seems to enjoy being held up by the media as such evil, dangerous anti-heroes. It sure as hell doesn't take an omnipotent badass to ambush an unsuspecting civilian, just a plain, ordinary garden variety cowardly punk.

I just wish there were a realistic, constitutionally valid way to usher all such virulent felons to their assigned (pursuant to due process) punishment without granting them the notoriety they crave.

OK, that feels a little better. Thank you for your indulgence.

Pascal A

Second Unit
Unfortunately, these names tend to get lost in the flurry of media attention on the perpetrators.
IN MEMORIAM:
James Martin, 55
James L. "Sonny" Buchanan, 39
Premkumar Walekar, 54
Sarah Ramos, 34
Laurie Ann Lewis-Rivera, 25
Pascal Charlot, 72
Dean Meyers, 53
Kenneth H. Bridges, 53
Linda Franklin, 47
Conrad Johnson, 35

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I don't know how much experience you have firing a .223 round from any firearm (or any round for that matter), but if he's firing rounds inside of a vehicle he'll be easy to find. He's completely deaf by now and his side windows are blown out all over the street. The kind of sound pressure leaving the front of a barrel of a rifle is nearly immeasurable. A .223 round is overloaded with powder. Jam all of that sound in a box and you're talking severe ear damage as well as vision damage.
Well it looks like they were doing just that.
There was a sniper rifle mount found in the trunk area of the car and holes for the barrel to stick out of. I'm guessing that the man (a Gulf War Army veteran recognized as an expert marksman. ) did most if not all of the shooting and the kid was the lookout. One tap on the trunk for the "all clear", 2 taps to "hold fire".
Creepy but it could work.
I also find it funny that some people are saying that the Snipers was lucky not to get caught earlier. I think this could have lasted much longer if it wasn't for the Sniper calling the police and tipping them off to an earlier murder in September that allowed police to link a fingerprint at that scene and connect the dots. If it wasn't for that tip this could have went on and on and on. Especially since people were looking for white vans everywhere.
I'm just glad that they caught them and that this is all over.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
This is sad.. :frowning:
The U.S. Marshals -- part of the sniper task force --found another stunning detail: Muhammad had been stopped in northwest Baltimore on October 8, one day after the sniper critically wounded a 13-year-old boy outside a middle school. The vehicle he was in was a 1990 Chevy Caprice with New Jersey tags.
Muhammad was sleeping in the car at the time, and was the only one in the vehicle. The Baltimore police officer, described as a 25-year veteran, questioned Muhammad and grew curious because the man's driver's license was from Washington state and the vehicle tag was from New Jersey. Because there were no arrest warrants out for Muhammad at the time, the officer could only tell him to leave.
So close... :angry:

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I also find it funny that some people are saying that the Snipers was lucky not to get caught earlier. I think this could have lasted much longer if it wasn't for the Sniper calling the police and tipping them off to an earlier murder in September that allowed police to link a fingerprint at that scene and connect the dots. If it wasn't for that tip this could have went on and on and on. Especially since people were looking for white vans everywhere.
Exactly -- they basically turned themselves in.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Their luck ran out and their stupity appeared. I don't think what they were doing was skillful at all...sneaky? Yes, but not very skillful. In the end, when the day is over, they are no better than common murderers, the news and everyone else should not be giving props to them on how they did it, they just found a different way to scare the public.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Several days before this pair was arrested, I heard a Los Angeles talk show host say that serial killers always wind up making some stupid mistake which gives them away. Sure enough, that's what happened here.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Their luck ran out and their stupity appeared. I don't think what they were doing was skillful at all...sneaky? Yes, but not very skillful. In the end, when the day is over, they are no better than common murderers, the news and everyone else should not be giving props to them on how they did it, they just found a different way to scare the public.
I'm not making them into anything but what they are, cold blooded murderers. But let's not do the opposite and act like the Police/FBI figured it all out on their own. They got a lucky break, pure and simple. Maybe it was due to over confidence on the Snipers part or maybe they were tired of running. Either way, if it wasn't for the Snipers help they wouldn't have caught them at this time.

I'm not saying that they were a couple of the smartest most devious killers alive, far from it. I'm just saying that without "the tip" they wouldn't have been caught and the authorities would have had to wait until the next victim to see if they could get closer to catching them or get a lucky break. Luck plays a big part on both sides. Just ask the Zodiac killer, he made plenty of mistakes and still remains free to this day.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Just as an aside, but did anyone watch the documentary, "Murder by Numbers"? It's about the Hollywood portrayal of serial killers. I missed the showing at the Calgary Film Festival because the cloning technology was not available at the time, so I couldn't be at two places at once. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks