What's new

The Vincent Price Collection III (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Theater of Blood is with Twilight Time and was pushed back because Arrow Video released theirs first

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION III
FEATURING THE FIRST-EVER BLU-RAY™ PRESENTATION OF
MASTER OF THE WORLD (1961), TOWER OF LONDON (1962), DIARY OF A MADMAN (1963),
AN EVENING OF EDGAR ALLAN POE (1970) AND CRY OF THE BANSHEE (1970)
IN STORES EVERYWHERE ON FEBRUARY 16, 2016
FROM SCREAM FACTORY™

On February 16, 2016, collectors, classic film aficionados and horror enthusiasts will relish the 4-Disc Blu-ray™ release of Scream Factory’s THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION III. This extraordinary collector’s set is an essential collection for every movie library and brings together FIVE Vincent Price masterpiece classics, featuring the first-ever Blu-ray movie presentation of MASTER OF THE WORLD (1961), TOWER OF LONDON(1962),DIARY OF A MADMAN (1963), AN EVENING OF EDGAR ALLAN POE(1970) and CRY OF THE BANSHEE (1970). Packed with a bevy of chilling bonus content including new interview with producer/director Roger Corman and writer/producer/director Kenneth Johnson, new audio commentary with actor David Frankham, film historians, original theatrical trailers, archival materials, this highly-anticipated Blu-ray collection also includes a 12-page collector’s book with rare photos.

*** Avid fans and collectors please take note: those who order THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION III directly from ShoutFactory.com and get it shipped two weeks early, plus receive an exclusive 18"x24" poster featuring our newly commissioned artwork! Available while supplies last. Pre-order now at: https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/film-horror/the-vincent-price-collection-iii

THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION III Bonus Content

DISC 1:

MASTER OF THE WORLD

Special Features:
  • NEW High Definition Master from the inter-positive
  • NEW Stereo Soundtrack created from the original 4-track mag
  • NEW audio commentary with actor David Frankham
  • NEW Richard Matheson: Storyteller: Extended Cut (72 minutes)
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Posters, Lobby Cards and Behind-the-Scenes Photo Gallery
  • Photo Gallery of images from David Frankham’s personal collection

DISC 2:

TOWER OF LONDON

Special Features:
  • NEW High Definition Master from a fine grain film print
  • NEW interview with director Roger Corman
  • Producing Tower of London – an interview with producer Gene Corman
  • Two episodes of Science Fiction Theatre: One Thousand Eyes and Operation Flypaper (1956) both starring Vincent Price (in Standard Definition – 52 minutes)

DISC 3:

DIARY OF A MADMAN

AN EVENING OF EDGAR ALLAN POE

Special Features:
  • NEW High Definition Master from the inter-positive film element (Diary of A Madman)
  • NEW master created from the original 2” tape masters (An Evening of Edgar Allan Poe)
  • NEW Audio Commentary with film historian and author Steve Haberman (on both features)
  • NEW Interview with writer/producer/director Kenneth Johnson (An Evening of Edgar Allan Poe)
  • Theatrical Trailer (Diary of A Madman)
  • Poster and Lobby Card Gallery (Diary of A Madman)
  • Behind-the-Scenes Photo Gallery (An Evening of Edgar Allan Poe)

DISC 4:

CRY OF THE BANSHEE

Special Features:
  • NEW High Definition Master of the director’s cut from the inter-positive
  • NEW High Definition Master of the American International Theatrical Cut from the only surviving element in MGM’s Vault, a Color Reversal Intermediate
  • NEW Audio Commentary by film historian Steve Haberman (Director’s Cut)
  • A Devilish Tale of Poe – an interview with director Gordon Hessler
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • TV Spot
  • Radio Spot

FILM DETAILS

MASTER OF THE WORLD

High Definition 1080p (1.85:1)/DTS Master Audio Stereo/1961/Color/Not Rated/102 minutes
JAMES H. NICHOLSON and SAMUEL Z. ARKOFF present​
VINCENT PRICE CHARLES BRONSON​
HENRY HULL MARY WEBSTER DAVID FRANKHAM in​
JULES VERNE’S “MASTER OF THE WORLD”​
Directed by WILLIAM WITNEY​
Screenplay by RICHARD MATHESON​
Music by LES BAXTER​
In COLOR and Dyna-Magic​
An ALTA VISTA Production​

TOWER OF LONDON

High Definition 1080p (1.66:1)/DTS Master Audio Mono/1962/B&W/Not Rated/80 minutes
ADMIRAL PICTURES, INC. Presents​
VINCENT PRICE​
In “TOWER OF LONDON”​
Co-Starring MICHAEL PATE JOAN FREEMAN ROBERT BROWN​
Screenplay by LEO V. GORDON, AMOS POWELL and JAMES B. GORDON​
Story by LEO V. GORDON and AMOS POWELL​
Music by MICHAEL ANDERSEN​
Directed by ROGER CORMAN​
Produced by GENE CORMAN​

DIARY OF A MADMAN

High Definition 1080p (1.66:1)/DTS Master Audio Mono/1963/Color/Not Rated/96 minutes
VINCENT PRICE​
In “DIARY OF A MADMAN”​
Based on Stories by GUY De MAUPASSANT​
Co-Starring NANCY KOVACK​
Produced and Written by ROBERT E. KENT​
Directed by REGINALD LE BORG​
TECHNICOLOR®​
An ADMIRAL PICTURES, INC. Presentation​

AN EVENING OF EDGAR ALLAN POE

Standard Definition (1.33:1)/DTS Master Audio Mono/1970/Color/Not Rated/53 mins.
An AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL Production​
In Association with KEN JOHNSON PRODUCTIONS​
VINCENT PRICE in​
“AN EVENING OF EDGAR ALLAN POE”​
Executive Producers SAMUEL Z. ARKOFF and JAMES H. NICHOLSON​
Television Adaptation by DAVID WELCH and KEN JOHNSON​
Produced and Directed by KEN JOHNSON​

CRY OF THE BANSHEE

High Definition 1080p (1.85:1)/DTS Master Audio Mono/1970/Color/Not Rated/91 minutes (Director’s Cut)/87 minutes (Theatrical Cut)
VINCENT PRICE in​
“CRY OF THE BANSHEE”​
Also Starring ESSY PERSSON HUGH GRIFFITH PATRICK MOWER​
And ELIZABETH BERGNER as “Oona”​
Screenplay by TIM KELLY and CHRISTOPHER WICKING​
Story by TIM KELLY Directed by GORDON HESSLER​
Executive Producer LOUIS M. HEYWARD Produced by GORDON HESSLER​
An AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL Picture​

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
davidmatychuk said:
It'll be the centrepiece of "The Vincent Price Collection IV".

I'll be surprised if there is a IV. The main thing is that these are part of the Scream Factory line, so they're focusing more on the horror/sci-fi genre film of his career of the 50s to the 60s.

If they really want to do more Vincent Price films, they might end up picking up some of his 40s-early 50s vehicles of his melodrama/adventure period. While I would love to see some obscurities of that era crop up on blu, I'm not sure how dedicated this line will be in covering all things Vincent Price. Then again, I really didn't think there would be a Vol 3 so I could be wrong.

It would be interesting if Shout could swing Green Hell if only because Vincent Price has repeatedly referred to it as one of his early turkeys in his interviews, lending it a sort of cult status. However, Price's role isn't that big in it.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Well, Scream Factory, why didn't you say so in the first place? That is now a great box set. And Joe, if Volume 4 branches out in other Price directions like "Dragonwyck" (or how about "His Kind Of Woman"?) to beef up "Theatre Of Blood", I'm all for it. He's a one-of-a-kind actor.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
As previously mentioned Theater of Blood belongs to Twilight Time so I also really doubt their will be a volume 4 there just are not enough horror/sci-fi Vincent Price films left. Kino released the majority of them that are not already in these 3 volumes.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Most of the remaining Roger Corman titles I would like have popped up on Kino as singles, but if the licensing could be worked out, this would make a killer Volume 4:

The Tingler

Dragonwyk

The Baron of Arizona

The Mad Magician (regular and 3D)

If WHV would license, these might work too:

His Kind of Woman

The Story of Mankind

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I was hoping that it would be lower in price than the $48 it was going for originally and now that they've raised the price, I guess I'll have to wait longer to purchase it. :(

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
JoeDoakes said:
Most of the remaining Roger Corman titles I would like have popped up on Kino as singles, but if the licensing could be worked out, this would make a killer Volume 4:

The Tingler

Dragonwyk

The Baron of Arizona

The Mad Magician (regular and 3D)

If WHV would license, these might work too:

His Kind of Woman

The Story of Mankind
Dragonwyck is actually with another label

Warner will not sublicense their movies in some kind of package deal and I seriously doubt Shout Factory would include those two Warner titles on a set either. Price isnt the star in His Kind of Woman anyway. Sony has The Tingler and The Mad Magician , and Shout has no deals with them. They seem to be more on the Mill Creek or Twilight Time range.

Also keep in mind Scream is a horror label, and even though Master of the World is not a horror film Im pretty sure they probably didnt want that title in the set but that's all the Price films they could license. It kind of fits with the other Price films based on the era ( 60s)

Universal has the original Tower of London and also The Web (unreleased) but Price isnt the lead in Tower, and who knows whats up with the Web

Basically a Volume IV does not seem likely at this point. But we did get three great volumes of VP films to be thankful for :)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
David Steigman said:
Universal has the original Tower of London and also The Web (unreleased) but Price isnt the lead in Tower, and who knows whats up with the Web

The Web is long, long overdue, and I can't think why. It's a black and white crime film, so most people will say it's film noir which is oh, so fashionable. It has a good cast, a pretty good story and glossy cinematography. What's the problem?

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Shout might also be able to muster a quality transfer of The Bat, though that depends a lot on where good elements could be found.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Disney owns the rights to the Bat actually - but if Shout released it , it would be that PD print/master out there

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
The Film detective released a new, supposedly restored version of The Bat on blu ray a few months back. Its currently available on amazon for $11.00 so I doubt Shout would ever touch this title.

David Steigman said:
Disney owns the rights to the Bat actually - but if Shout released it , it would be that PD print/master out there

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks