What's new

The Survivor 9: Vanuatu Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Charlie-W

Grip
Help!

I was away last week and forgot to set my VCR (My daughter was getting married, so I had a lot on my mind!) Does anyone have a copy of the show on tape that I could borrow?

Thanks!

-Charlie

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
9/23/04

Dammit to hell!

Spoiler:I knew she was a goner from her stupidity and lack of gile, but this was on a whole other level of stupidity on Dolly's part. Oh well.

It was Eliza who turned on the "young" girl alliance.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
It's one thing to be stupid but another to be so openly stupid. Spoiler:Dolly might as well have asked people to vote her off. Unbelievable. Thank god it wasn't Ami. Wow.

Who was the one who climbed the tree for the plantains?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Why oh why do the pretty one go so soon. I didn't catch some of the last quarter, what was the reason for the voteoff?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
quote:Who was the one who climbed the tree for the plantains?

Lisa, who needs to realize that her 44-year-old silicone-filled boobs are not what the audience wants to see...

Dolly was voted off for the same reason as Christy in Amazon. She kept proclaiming that she was the swing vote and was way too indecisive, which made people against her.

I liked Dolly but I'm glad that the older women are in the power position right now. I can't wait for Julie, Mia, Lisa, and Eliza to get out.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I was pleasantly surprised to have the guys win finally... Even teams I do not like in previous seasons who are down for the count several games in a row, eventually get a crossed finger from me. I tend to feel sorry for them.

Ryan[

spoiler]Tonight we had the first of the many puzzles, it was surprizing to see the guy's actually finish first.[/spoiler]

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I also thought the women had a huge advantage in the reward challenge. It's one thing to have the beam as part of a challenge but you knew this one was over before it started.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
quote:I also thought the women had a huge advantage in the reward challenge. It's one thing to have the beam as part of a challenge but you knew this one was over before it started.

I was a bit annoyed by that as well. I was thinking what's next a fellatio contest for immunity.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Why oh why do the pretty one go so soon.

You think Julie and Leann are not pretty?

Mia - or at least how the edited footage showed her - was incredibly annoying last night. All of the "whatEVER" looks she was giving the other women was too much for me.

I think booting Dolly this early might have been a strategic mistake - it's always nice having someone you can manipulate into voting your way - but I understand why they did. I'm pulling for the "older chicks," too, and if they're smart and paying attention, they'll vote off Mia or Julie next.

Alex S

Second Unit
quote:

I also thought the women had a huge advantage in the reward challenge. It's one thing to have the beam as part of a challenge but you knew this one was over before it started.

I agree. That's 2 balance beam challenges in 2 shows.

The woman are much smaller and therefore have a huge advantage over the men.

thumbsdown.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What the hell was up with Rory during the immunity challenge? He's total idiot, yapping away loudly while the Sarge was trying to direct the last group to the puzzle pieces. Rory's the next guy out if the men lose immunity.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
It's so weirdly satisfying when the player who deserves to be voted off, actually is voted off. I don't think Dolly is dumb, really, so I wonder if she intentionally followed the only established, sure-fire path to losing? Her little farewell at the end seemed to indicate that she wasn't into playing the game at all. Ah well... she deserved the boot.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was like, Dolly, why are you even bringing up that the tribe is split along generational lines to so many tribemates? Holy smokes, if she really wanted the boot, she should have just campaigned to get the boot, but she definitely has no clue about game theory and how each person will do what's in their best interest in relation to themselves and the group. Hell, even Neelah (Marquesas) had more sense than Dolly.

While it should be apparent that Eliza voted out Dolly (because the younger gals were shocked that it was Dolly going home, and not Leann), will Eliza be able to still call the younger women her alliance within the tribe? Will she be able to convince the younger women that Dolly was totally untrustworthy and needed to be booted? Or will the younger women think that Eliza has flip-flopped on them?

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen

I was wondering what the view from the side opposite to Lisa was. Probably like looking at a straw with two ping-pong balls moving up either side. :D At least she doesn't have to worry about drowning. ;)

And yeah, Dolly got herself booted. Obviously she just didn't have what it takes. I was rolling my eyes when she was crying after being there for 3-4 days. What did she expect? Did she WATCH the show? :)

Rory needs to go. First, he blows up about the girls "rubbing their noses in it". Get over it. You lost, they won, and they celebrated. THEN, he's making all that noise while Sarge is trying to direct the guys. Um, STFU??? Dumbdumbdumb. I look forward to him getting the boot.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I hope being voted off second doesn't mean Playboy won't offer her a pictoral.
biggrin.gif

I have to admit I am not crazy about boys versus girls. The show just isn't as interesting to me. Since I have digital cable, Thursday nights I am forced to rewire my cable so I can watch Joey (formally Friends) and tape Survivor, but last night I couldn't find the remote and said the hell with it and just watched the second half of Survivor. i hope there will be a good twist and a mixing up of tribes soon.

JasonMA

Stunt Coordinator
Rory definitely has to go, and soon. I am pretty sure the next time the guys lose, he'll be the one to get the boot. The older guys have a 5 to 3 advantage right now, so it won't hurt them to bring it down to 4 to 3.

Kenneth

Supporting Actor
Well if the preview is accurate then

Spoiler:two people will be voted out next week, one from each tribe. Given how people behaved this week it could be interesting.

Here is the detailed preview description from CBS also:

Spoiler:Post-Tribal Council fallout leaves one castaway feeling the heat from fellow tribe members.

At another tribe, differing work ethics and personalities lead to a clash between two castaways.

Both tribes are shocked when they gather for a Challenge and are told at the end of the day there will be a double Tribal Council.

A twist at the end of the Challenge puts one castaway in a very influential position.

Tension and politicking run rabid at both camps as several vulnerable tribe members jockey to survive. Two will leave Vanuatu...who will it be?

That seems to match the video preview and make next week sound a little more interesting.

Kenneth

Joshua_W

Second Unit
Maybe Eliza is aligning with the older women to prepare for the merge, so that she'll be the only younger one left going into a tribe of a lot of men.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
quote:You think Julie and Leann are not pretty?

I thought Leann was pretty in the first episode but in last night's episode she looked a bit haggard. I guess she is older that I had thought. I forget who Julie is, is she the one who is Meadow Soprano?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks