What's new

"The Shield" Season 2 -- General Discussion for ALL Episodes (1 Viewer)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
The new guy, hmmm, don't know what to make of him........I am glad we see the other member coming back, I liked him. Anybody else see a showdown between vic and cch coming soon?????????

Best line of the show was when vic told gilroy that money was for you to be hit if I have to call this number...that was great.............

Like I have said before, tuesdays cant come quick enough..

R~

JakeR

Stunt Coordinator
Great ep. Funniest scene was when Gilroy found out he really WAS going to Brazil and started crying about how 75 grand wasn't gonna cut it.

Shane: "It did before!"

Gilroy: "But t-t-that's when I wasn't really going!"

I'm paraphrasing, but it was great. Gilroy just got pathetic.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I also really enjoyed the city coucil meeting with the chief and Lanie. It was just nice to see her put in her place after the way she acts in the barn.
Yes! I was saying to tv "Yeah, shut up bitch and get the hell out!"
I really hate her. Great episode! :D

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
"Inferno"

Not a bad episode, but it really did not have to much tension for me either.

It appears that Tavon is a team player and a good asset for the Strike Team as witnessed by his ability to charm landlords and music producers.

I thought Julian was crazy for giving the credit card to his ex-lover and to see that it was all a scam with him buying all the electronics. And it was nice to see him stand up for himself too.

Acaveda appears to be the most nervous man in the history of the world. And I swear all he does is drink coffee and look out in the pit of the farm. But it was nice to see him stand up for the Strike Team, even if it was only so the barn got a little better image and help him win council votes.

Not a bad episode, but it didnt have me glued either. Next week maybe the money train goes down.. who knows..

I give this episode on a scale of 1 to 10 punching bags.... 7 punching bags.

-- Matt

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Oh yeah, and how about Aceveda grabbing the phone out of that bitches hands telling her not to call the FBI just yet, and Mackey cursing her off and letting her know he knows about the tail. She got it even better this episode, I hate her. :angry: :D

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I thought it was a good episode and I was glued to the screen; maybe not b/c it was so gripping but b/c it is one of the top 3 shows on TV and I look forward to it airing on Tuesday's.

I am glad Tavon is a team player. I was cringing when I thought he was going to snitch on Mackey and the team, but was thrilled when he told that women to shove it(in his way). Boy did Mackey screw himself once again with his wife.

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
Oh...
My...
God...
Breakpoint provides a great lead-in to the season finale. Dutch has an ongoing case and Mackey & crew have got the money train to deal with. I keep expecting Vic to get desperate and bring Tavon in on the action. I almost expected it to happen when Lemonhead almost spilled the beans.
Aceveda has definitely reached his breaking point. His "list" proves that he's gone off the deep end. And the way that the story has developed, i'm not sure if he's coming back for the next season. Claudette is pretty much guaranteed the captain's desk, while David has seemingly inflicting a lethal blow to his own campaign.
The season finale looks to be an explosive one. I just hope that the characters will survive the fallout and make it to a third season.

Adam Horak

Stunt Coordinator
A fantastic setup for the finale. What an incredibly great show. It looks like the writers will have the courage to make some major changes for next season. I can't wait for the finale, except that means I have to wait until season 3 to see any more!

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Oh yeah one of the best episodes and builds up tension and expectations for EP26, it's gona be awesome, did you see that table full of money.
Mackey screwed it up even further with his wife, that scene at the house was so chaotic, then the bitch has him arrested! :angry:
The whole episode almost completely was around everything gay, interesting developments with Julien, and I'm really starting to hate Wyms. :angry:
There is so much to cover in the next episode I don't know how they're gona fit it in. I don't think a third season has been announced yet so there shouldn't be any big clifhangers.

JakeR

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry to say, but I'm in the minority over this episode...while it was as well-performed as any of them, I found the writing to be substandard.

The scene with Mackey providing the catalyst for a screaming match at home was so ineptly planned as to be embarrassing. Mackey breaks into the house when he damn well knows Corrine would've changed the passcode if she changed the locks? He could've used his cell to try and phone her. Then that stupid brat of theirs leaves her kid brother unattended in the bathtub?

It was all just very contrived.

Thomas (sorry...Toe-Mas) has got to be the most obnoxious character on the show. Julien should've tried to play off his verbal tirade in the cage as the rantings of a lunatic, instead of looking shamed.

Just a weaker effort than what I've come to expect from the show.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
I just got a chance to check out 2x12 and I liked it a lot. Great precursor to the finale.

Now I noticed that a lot of folks have been talking about possibilities for Season 3, however as Lenny mentioned I haven't seen it announced yet. Does anyone have anymore information on it? It's really a travesty if we don't get another season. IMHO it's definately one of the best shows going, I wish more people took a chance to check out an episode - everyone I introduced it to has loved it so far.

Marque D

Stunt Coordinator
I think that they were in a unreal state of shock over the fact that they had millions and millions of dollars spread out in front of them. They probably initially had the same reaction as Vic but afterwards it was surreal.

Anyone know the song at the end? It was an excellent way to end the show. I'm so sad that I wont be able to see a new episode next Tuesday at 9PM central. The second season was my first and it drew me like no other show. As much as I have liked the Soprano's (the fourth season wasn't as bad as the bandwagon viewers say it was) the Shield is problem one the best series that I've followed.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Wow, what a great finale, and that montage at the end, I always love when they do that, last awesome one was in the first episode with Kid Rock's Bawitaba song or however it's spelled.
Lots of fired cops beat up that gay in denial, Danny got fired too, I hope she isn't leaving the show, but the most important thing is Vic and the guys got bleeping millions now, man, that pile looked so tasty I'd let half the city die, referring to the moment when Vic risked missing it to save some guy from getting shot, screw that. :D

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
I think the look at the end had to do with the fact that there was a whole lot more there than they anticipated, which while good for the pocketbook, means they probably stirred up something quite a bit larger than just a few armenian tough guys.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I took the ending somewhat differently. We saw in the "Co-Pilot" episode how the Strike Team started. At the outset it was about bending the rules to get results -- but they were still cops. When they're standing around that giant pile of money, they realize that they've become something else. The only people who have that much cash are big-time crooks -- and now Vic and the Team have that much cash.

M.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
It's gonna come back and bite them in the arse BIG TIME. If not, then what's the point...

I am happy for Aceveda, I like him. Heck, I even like Claudette!

--
Holadem

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks