What's new

The Rifleman Season Sets in 2013 ? (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^Thanks for the heads-up! I've been checking WM (under the assumption that the first 3 were WM exclusive for a short while) about every fortnight only to come up empty every time. I don't mind at all making the purchase elsewhere! :)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^Thanks Ron! I went ahead with a WM order as it's currently the least expensive. Now I'm hoping it drops to the ~$13 of the other half seasons so I can cancel and reorder.

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
I compiled the complete run of The Rifleman when they aired
on Encore Westerns.They played them uncut and commercial free.
Are these releases the same transfers from Encore?

Joelcan

Auditioning
Real Name
Joel Canfield
One big difference is, starting with season 2, the shows are formatted the same way they were for their original broadcast. The open of the show comes after a short teaser, and the open is the original season 2 version, not the one that is plastered on the beginning of every season's episodes in syndication.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Joelcan said:
One big difference is, starting with season 2, the shows are formatted the same way they were for their original broadcast. The open of the show comes after a short teaser, and the open is the original season 2 version, not the one that is plastered on the beginning of every season's episodes in syndication.

Here's hoping that they continue this, as I would love to see all of the original openings.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Just received this email today from Levy-Gardner-Laven Productions:

Season 3 Collector Edition
DVD Boxed Set
in time for the Holidays

Levy-Gardner-Laven Productions is pleased to announce the release of The Rifleman authorized Season 3 DVD boxed set. Pre-Orders will be accepted beginning November 27, 2015 on the official website. The set of six discs contains all 34 episodes of Season 3 in their original broadcast order, plus two photo galleries. Orders are expected to ship during the week of November 30.

The Season 3 Collector Edition DVD Boxed Set retails for $59.94 (plus shipping and sales tax where applicable). For more details about the DVDs, please visit North Fork General Merchandise at: www.therifleman.net/gm/, the official online store of The Rifleman, the Original Series.

Pre-Order
Your Copy
of Season 3
Starting
Nov 27th, 2015

- Limited Time Offer -
Nov 27 thru 30, 2015

Use Coupon Code: BLFRI15

Get $5.00 off
Any DVD Boxed Set
(offer applies only in the online store at the official website)

Walsh61

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Garth Lough
I did the same and as soon as it arrives I'll be watching it straight through. This is one series I have no trouble bingeing on. I love it!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I received a email from WM indicating my S2V2 order is delayed (no delivery estimate) but they are trying to get more stock. Their site currently shows S2V2 to be out of stock and local pickup is not a option. :(

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Has anyone encountered this problem with their season 3 discs? I'm finding that the subtitles display whether I choose "on" or "off". I've tried it in 3 different devices so I think I'm not imagining it. I emailed North Fork last week but haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know of a workaround? Thanks.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
GMBurns said:
Has anyone encountered this problem with their season 3 discs? I'm finding that the subtitles display whether I choose "on" or "off". I've tried it in 3 different devices so I think I'm not imagining it. I emailed North Fork last week but haven't heard back yet. Does anyone know of a workaround? Thanks.

I didn't have this issue on my computer, but i will check this evening from my video player.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
smithbrad said:
I didn't have this issue on my computer, but i will check this evening from my video player.

I did some more checking and it's just discs 5 and 6 that do this, and not every episode. I've emailed and haven't heard back so I may place a phone call next week while I'm on vacation. Failing that I may try writing a letter!

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I previously watched the first episode with no issue, but i will try disk 5 and 6 tonight.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Yes, I noticed the subtitle issue on the last episode of disk 5. I was able to quickly turn it off by clicking the "subtitle" button on the remote, but it does appear to be some type of authoring glitch.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
smithbrad said:
Yes, I noticed the subtitle issue on the last episode of disk 5. I was able to quickly turn it off by clicking the "subtitle" button on the remote, but it does appear to be some type of authoring glitch.

Duh- forgot about that. Thanks - and Merry Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks