What's new

The Prowler (1951) from VCI on February 1, 2011 (1 Viewer)

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Already available for pre-order at Amazon, Joseph Losey's The Prowler on February 1, 2011:

AVAILABLE AT LAST ON DVD! Famed director Joseph Losey's long neglected masterpiece, scripted by legendary blacklisted screenwriter Dalton Trumbo, has been restored to its original bleak splendor by the Film Noir Foundation and the UCLA Film & Television Archive. A nefarious cop stalks a lonely, repressed Los Angeles housewife and decides to win her in the traditional film noir fashion - by knocking off her husband! Bonus Features: Documentary featurette "The Cost of Living: Creating The Prowler," with James Ellroy, Christopher Trumbo, Denise Hamilton and Alan K. Rode, "Masterpiece in the Margins": Bertrand Tavernier on The Prowler, On the Prowl: Restoring The Prowler. The Film Noir Foundation and UCLA Film & Television Archive Partnership, Photo Gallery, Audio Commentary by Film Noir Expert Eddie Muller, Original Theatrical Trailer Product Specs: DVD9; Dolby Digital 2.0; RT - 92 minutes; B&W; Aspect Ratio - 1.37:1 - 4x3; Year - 1951; SRP - $19.99

Cover artwork:

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Speaking of Cry Danger, there's a pretty sharp transfer available via streaming through Netflix... watched it last night, and it's on par with my DVD-R of the (very decent) TCM print.

Dark City is also available via streaming. It looks decent, miles ahead of the hideous bootleg I used to own.

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Originally Posted by Craig Beam

Speaking of Cry Danger, there's a pretty sharp transfer available via streaming through Netflix... watched it last night, and it's on par with my DVD-R of the (very decent) TCM print.

Dark City is also available via streaming. It looks decent, miles ahead of the hideous bootleg I used to own.

Olive's Dark City DVD looks really good: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/dvd_reviews51/dark_city.htm

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
Received the disc from Axelmusic today and took a quick look into it. The picture quality is good, but not great, to me, it seems a bit soft and the disc appears to be interlaced.Nonetheless I'm happy. Added four shots from the disc, the last one showing some combing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks