What's new

The Parasound AMP LOVE FEST Thread!! (1 Viewer)

Mark All

Second Unit
I was wondering why you all were discussing "ancient" Parasound amps above. ;)
Love my Parasound Halo A23 amp. Works very well with either my Halo P3 preamp or Rotel RC-1090 preamp. Amazing number of features Parasound put into the A23 for the price. Seeing how well John Curl's "third class" Halo amp works, I'm very tempted by the A21 amp. They're all so pretty too. :D

Jigesh Patel

Stunt Coordinator
How does Halo amplifiers differ from other parasound amps? For example, How does Halo A51 differ from HCA-2205AT and A52 from HCA-1205A? Specifications look very similar.

Higher price - so probably better components and attractive cosmetics. Any other factors? Thank you.

George Caronan

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all. I use to own the following:

Parasound HCA-1206 [135 X 6]
2 Parasound HCA-1500A [205 X 2]

They were paired with a Denon AVR-5800 used as a pre-pro. Swapped the Denon for an Anthem AVM 20. I really enjoyed the combos but what forced me to off the Parasounds were the lack of auto turn on with the 1206. The 1500As did but I could not think of a way to integrate them with the Anthem or any other manner of working a way to use their auto-turn on features. The Parasounds were great for movies. Great definition, solid imaging. Music was very good too. With their solid rep, I had no trouble selling them. I definitely would recommend them without hesitation. Now I have Sunfire Cinemas which come on with the incoming signal from the Anthem. Cheers.

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
Back to Life-
It has been a SOLID 2 Years from the first post and my 855A is STILL going strong..
I have the amp turned on ALL THE TIME (not using the trigger at all), NO PROBLEMS what so ever and running like a champ without shutting off or any kind of hiss.
As soon as the new house is built (new HT room as well)...I'll be on the market for the bigger Parasounds..like a HCA-2205AT + the HCA -1500A..I know I'll have to find them used, but who cares..these are bullet proof amps!!!
The love remains STRONG!!!:emoji_thumbsup: :D :D :emoji_thumbsup:
Angelo

Greg.R

Grip
Just got a Parasound 1203A off Audiogon in almost mint condition. 2 days so far running like a champ - no hiss or any other sorts of problems, plugged directly into the wall.

Now I just have to wait another day or two for my Polk LSi's to get here so I can give the amp a bit more of a challenge to drive - measly RTi6's were really no problem for the ole' H/K330 alone.

I must say combined with some new Signal Cable shotgun bi-wire, the Parasound has already made an extreme difference in transparency. The difference between an MP3->Wav disc and hi-res music is now completely night and day. I don't even think I can listen to MP3's on it anymore, whereas they use to sound decent.

Ben LG

Stunt Coordinator
Angelo, the love does remain strong! :emoji_thumbsup: Picked up a HCA-1000A not too long ago.. couldnt be happier. To quote one of the members on HTF I am so satisfied with the performance I dont even care how the other units I was considering sound now, this one is just right for me. ;)

Chris Sherman

Second Unit
I like their P/HP-850 preamp quite a bit, so much that I bought a second one on ebay for $98.00 . I'm listening to it right now, powered by a Hafler DH200 amp, I also purchased on ebay for $56.00, " as is , one bad channel" . The bad channel turned out to be a blown AGC 5 amp fuse, around 25 cents . Terrific sounding pair.

Ben LG

Stunt Coordinator
What a deal Chris :emoji_thumbsup: I got the 850 from audioadvisor.com for $250 new, just figured Id be safer with a new preamp and a used amp. Got a great deal on the HCA-1000A for $275 shipped off Ebay. Dont know if I would say it needed time to burn in but after listening to it for a month Ive grown accustomed to the sound and really starting to appreciate it now. Great preamp for the money imo, I have exactly one day left if I want to return it (lol) but think Im gonna keep it.

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
My first Parasound was a pair of the 'pseudo Parasound' 1201A monoblocks..they were not bad but not that great either. What this experience did teach me though is that Parasound treats their customers well, even those that did not buy the product new from an authorized dealer.
I now have a 1500A and a 2003 and love them both, id give a slight edge to the 2003 in smoothness but its slight enough that it could just be my imagination. :)
This combo makes for a mean 5 channel amp package together they weigh in at over 100lbs , have 2.5kVa worth of transformers and 150,000uF capacitance. The 1500A is guaranteed until 2014 and the 2003 is not but at least its comforting to know that Parasound can and will fix it if something ever happens.
:D..
http://www.massivemaximumtheater.com/new29003.jpg

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I love to be a part of the Parasound love fest. I'm looking at the Parasound Halo line. Is there a lot of love for those?

Anyone find good deals on the Halo amps?

Thanks!

DanaA

Screenwriter
I don't know how much they usually go for, but AudioAdvisor has the A51 five channel amp for $2995 now, B stock.

AricB

Second Unit
I have been looking into picking up a used Parasound probably a 1500a, is what I'm thinking. But so far I havent found hardly anyone with a parasound amp being run with a Yamaha rxv-1400(what I intend to use) or other Yam receiver to tell me how it will affect the sound or if it will?

My goal is to give more power to my mains which are Mirage OM-10's, thier a bipolar design floor standing speaker, with an 89dba rating. my rears are Mirage Omni 250's floor standing of an omni polar design, but I think their rated at 92dba. Center is a mirage center.

I listen to a lot of hi res surround music as well as, music dvd's and movies. I would like to improve the sound quality and be able to increase the volume of the system as a whole, but I think it's the fronts that really need more power? That's the thinking with the 2ch amp addition vs, adding a 5 channel. That the Yam is enough to drive center and rears, an possibly a zone 2 on occasion, and the amp for the fronts.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Ben LG

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone have any opinions on Halo vs. the older Parasound line (1500a and 1000a)? I was looking at the P3 pre and A23 amp.. I think I might be able to get it at a good price.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
I have 8 Parasound 1201's.
Click below.
Do I get a medal or what? :D
It's not love it's an infatuation.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks