What's new

*** The OFFICIAL -ScOoTeRpAlOoZa 2k1- report thread *** (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Sorry Brian, you'll just have to fly out for the next event to find out who all those Dashing Gents and Stunning Dames are.
wink.gif

A shout out to Scott W. for the Philly pretzels. . .I didn't know of them before, but they were quite a discovery!
And Michael. . .frankly, I think Arlene could stand in front of ANY of us in the pictures, and nobody would complain!
wink.gif

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Once again, it was a pleasure to attend the annual ScooterFest. This time I brought along two of the grandkids for a bit (they live about 25 minutes away from Budd Lake) and they had an excellent time. Angela and Robbie (ages 4 and 3) didn't want to leave but I felt it was a little early in life for them to see their first Steven Segal arm-breaking. Besides, too much Segal might cause them to lose their appreciation for film!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Scooter, as always was the perfect host (as were Michelle and Morgan). Every time I think that I have too many toys I think of Scooter and realize that there are people further over the edge than I am.
The weather was extremely cooperative and we made it through the show without freezing off our your-know-whats! And thanks to Warner Bros. for providing a drive-in movie flick for us to enjoy.
My only regret was that I didn't get to spend much time talking to all those present. I wasn't avoiding you (well, at least not most of you)
laugh.gif
but I was attending to the grandkids who were either playing with Scooter's puppies or insisting that I take them (especially Robbie) down to the HT in the basement to watch one of Scooter's real passions - a Walt Disney movie!
And to the lurkers out there: Everything that Ron says is true. This is an event that you have to attend if you are interested in HT. Words cannot adequately describe the experience! But at least this thread is a start.
Now I have to explain to the grandkids why we can't go to Scooter's every weekend!
Scooter, YOU DA MAN!
And Mrs. RAF (Therese), whom I brought along to support my "toys" theory, abides!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Scooter: I'm firmly convinced these so called events are nothing but a sham cover for you to exploit the emotions of attendees by tempting them to take one of your endless stream of inbred puppies home with them! =)
The hot dog cart was the hit of the party! You truly are the king of leisure! I would like to arrange a tour for my parents to prove to them I'm not over the edge.
I think Jeff K can take Harry.
Dana, that fajita dip was fantastic.
Packy, so very nice to get to meet you, sorry we didnt get to chat more.
The one thing I love about Scootapalooza was the chatter. Imagine a month of HTF postings boiled down into a few hours of beer guzzling, dog chomping, sit around the picnic table and just GORGE on opinions of movies from the mainstream to the never seen. Its amazing just hanging with a group of people who love film, however good it is. I imagine my vision of heaven is like this =)
No thanks to Shawn Sefranek, who has now convinced me that Sears may be my best bet for the TV I want, and I'm back to religiously tearing apart the sunday papers waiting for that awesome deal he told me about.
wink.gif

Thanks to Warner for providing a movie I would not likely have picked up on my own. Its no oscar winner but it provided an hour and a half of good popcorn munching. The funny thing is that the scenes from the end credits were better than the rest of the movie, and I know I wasnt the only one who made that comment!
Speaking of popcorn, damn that was the good stuff. I may never eat theater pre popped fake butter crap again. I REALLLLLLY miss the good fresh air popped with real butter from my youth. If I ever can afford one I gotta get one of those carts like Scooter has!
Cant wait for the next one, thanks again to Scooter, his family, the HTF staff, and everyone else involved!
Sam

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the compliments on the enchilada "stuff", it was a blast to make.
For all y'all who wanna Try This At Home ...
Enchilada Casserole
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 spatula
- 1 lasagna casserole container -- 13"x9"x2.5" (or thereabouts)
- 1 electric egg beater set (or some really strong hands :))
- 4 cans El Paso refried beans (16oz. cans)
- 2-3 bags of shredded cheddar (12oz.) mixed with a bag of that Mexican-mix type of shredded cheese
- 16-24 flat, soft flour tortillas
- ~8oz-16oz. of ground beef (or as a substitute, 1 package of Morningstar's precooked vegetarian ground "beef")
- 1-2 bags El Paso taco seasoning mix (the 1.25oz variety)
- 1 bag chili powder and 1 small bag of crushed red pepper (these 2 usually come together in one of those 2-Alarm Chili packs)
...and the secret ingredient...
- 16-24 oz. Chi-Chi's salsa
The preparation of the dish is actually fairly simple, once all the ingredients have been assembled.
If you use real ground beef, you'll want to cook that first, otherwise you can just use a package of (thawed) Morningstar's vegetarian ground beef substitute.
After cooking the beef, begin preheating the oven to about 425-ish.
Next, open the 4 cans of refried beans, taco seasoning mix, salsa, chili powder, and crushed red pepper. Begin emptying the cans of refried beans into the mixing bowl, while also mixing in the rest of the other ingredients as you go. Use the electric egg beaters to better mix everything once all the aforementioned items have been fully emptied into the bowl; you should also mix in the ground beef at this point.
Next, take 6 to 8 tortillas and place them along the bottom of the lasagna pan. Then pour from the mixing bowl about half of the mix into the pan, spreading it evenly over the tortillas. Sprinkle atop the bean mix a healthy dose of cheese, covering as much of it as possible. At this point you should have the pan a little more than half-way full.
Repeating the above step will give you a two-layer casserole; if you have any room left in the dish, you can top it off with anything you like -- I like to take leftover tortillas and place them on top; somebody at the party recommended I try lettuce, but I wasn't sure how that would do in the oven :) If you're a little more daring, you can adjust the spreading of the bean mix and tortilla layering and manage to get three layers -- it may give it a little more texture.
Anyway, once the oven is fully heated, stick the whole dish into the oven and let it cook for at least 20 minutes, probably closer to 30 -- but at least until ALL of the cheese on the top layer has melted, as this should ensure that the stuff in the middle has fully heated.
Take 'er out, let it cool for a few, then slice into manageable cubes :)
Enjoy!
------------------
(Edit: I typed "unthawed" thinking it meant "thawed" -- don't wanna bite into a hard lump of pseudo-beef! D'oh! :))
[Edited last by Dana Fillhart on August 31, 2001 at 09:32 PM]

Matt Krapf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
This may seem redundant already, but hey..it's the truth! Scooterpalooza is on my list of absolute coolest things to do each year.
Scooter, thank you again. I crammed 400 miles of driving into a bit over 6 hours, to get home from Canada, so I wouldn't miss this year's party. I may have been last to arrive...but I would NOT have missed it.
In fact...you outdo yourself each time. This year's piece de resistance was the authentic NYC Hot Dog Cart. God, those dogs were great!
Thank you Scooter. Thanks also to Morgan. I saw how much you helped with every element of the party, well into the night. It was good talking to you again. By the way, I now have the first three Evangelion DVD's. I'll be watching them asap.
Ron, you too. I can't say enough times that I appreciate the HTF and all it's brought to us. You and Parker...Thanks to both[b/] of you for creating this Forum where we all can get together to share this passion. That it has become so much more...with local Meets, National Meets, Scooter Parties, etc. is just icing on an already great cake.
Lastly Warner Brothers. Since '97 and the public release of DVD's, WB has been at the forefront, championing this format and it's early adopters and fans. Us. My collection of DVD's is largely made up of WB discs, and proudly, it keeps growing.
Warner's has made us stop and wonder what they're thinking more than a few times over the years. No doubt. But in the end, WB's still at the top of the heap in giving us fans a great product and great support. Who else was going to go out of their way to send us a pre-release disc at the VERY LAST MINUTE?!
Thanks to WB, I got to see a movie that I hadn't before, and moreover, a quality DVD that I was really impressed with.
I'm happy I made it again this year. I'm realy glad to have met those of you I did, and I hope anyone reading this now "gets" that the HTF is more than a website.
It's Ron, Parker, Scooter, the Admins, the PEOPLE...in the Forum, at the Studios, in the DVD Industry. It's folks getting together, to share and enjoy this big passion.
If you have a chance to meet other members, don't miss it. Whatever you do...DON'T MISS the next SCOOTER PARTY.
Regards,
Matt
[Edited last by Matt Krapf on August 31, 2001 at 01:29 AM]

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
If you can possibly make it, ScooterPalooza is the bomb, a true treat to attend, can't wait for next year!!!!!!!!
Jeff Kleist

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
THANKS DANA! Can't wait to try it.
yum.gif

------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Roman Polanski's - The Fearless Vampire Killers?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Hey Matt,
Welcome to the Eva-Freaks club! I still need to get disc 8, myself (only just getting to the end of disc 2, watching-wise, but lordy am I into it! Can't get that damn theme song out of my head, either. . .)
PS Za-anko-ku na tenshi no yoooouni, aaaaaaargh!!!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, welcome into the club. I have all the discs (as you know, Matt) and the series just keeps getting better from beginning to end. Be careful, though, since the last two episodes are weird. The movies are coming out on DVD in January, and those make the last two episodes easier to understand (in a way).
Back to the topic, the party was a success. Michelle did a lot more work than either dad (I don't have to call him Scooter) or I did during the day, so a big thanks to her. Thanks to dad for setting everything up, thanks to Ron and Parker for running the forum and such, and to WB for getting us the movie last minute (we didn't have a movie until the day before the party). Thanks to everyone who showed up and gave us a reason to have another party (whenever that other party may be).

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
SO Morgan, do you KNOW something? Hmmm???
I will say one thing, last year made me wish I brought our Tom & Crow bots with me. THIS year made me VERY sure I'm going to borrow them for next year :)
Jeff Kleist

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If anyone knows anything, it would probably be my dad and Ron first, then me. I don't know anything, to tell the truth.
Though a party next year is a given.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Scott...you are forgiven....just take a moment of silence at the Temple-O-Scoot and all is well!
Actually...I bought those at a dollar store in Asbury Park...12 for 1.50!!!!
The more I read...the warmer I feel about this years party! It all worked SOOOO nicely! Next year I would like to see it break the 100 attendee mark!!!!
Just throwing this out to see if there is interest...
I would consider doing The Phantom Menace the saturday before street if anyone might want to come. Would be outside...probably DAMN chilly...but I would have the LFE power amp back by then..( it was MIA for Scooter-Palooza having had it's transformer blasted by an experiment of mine)..and thus the 18" bins would rumble the neighborhood!
This is a great group of folks here at HTF..and having these shindigs is not an effort...it's a pleasure! This forum has turned me on to so many things..from gear to movies to recipes to computer stuff....it is invaluable! I think of you all...as my friends!
------------------
"The ScootPlex2000 is the ONLY theater I screen films for review in!"
David Manning-Critic

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
Is the party for TPM-fans only or can critics come?
biggrin.gif

Actually I liked TPM much more than disliked it, and would love to see it outdoors -- it'd be my first Star Wars movie on an outside screen since seeing a back-to-back ANH/TESB showing at a drive-in in Butler PA in 1980.
And as always, your hospitality is warm and gracious, and I'd love to come. I'll have to bake some more enchilada casserole :)
------------------

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
It would be the DVD...but I would run the LD during the day. AND....in front of The Temple Of Scoot/Tribute to The King of Leisure....would be a place for an offering to the HTF God of Servers!
Like I said...I'll float this and see what kind of response I get. I love hosting...and to help out things here as well would be a double treat.
------------------
"The ScootPlex2000 is the ONLY theater I screen films for review in!"
David Manning-Critic

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks