ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Ugh. This rung of "Let Donna Martin graduate!"

Brutal. Just brutal.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I caught up with this show while I was sick last week. Watched 8 episodes in a row. :)

And yet, I don't even know why I keep watching. There is really nothing of interest going on anymore. The one-liners come off as clumsy, the storylines are going nowhere, character development is non-existant.
I guess I'm just watching so I can see it through until the bitter end (which I hope will be at the end of this season, I can't imagine there'll be a season 4).

How is it doing in the ratings? Is anyone watching this show at all anymore?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
1/19/06

Kaitlyn is going to be trouble. But I like the actress they picked to play the "grown up from boarding school" version of Kaitlyn.

The Johnny-Marissa thing needs to go away, it's approaching Oliver-level of nowhereness. Will Johnny stick around and be Kaitlyn's boytoy? Not sure if I care where that's going.

Now, the genital warts thing was funny enough.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
Last week's episode was definitely terrible. I find the Kaitlyn character annoying and I really hate the idea of Seth as a pothead. Unless the next episode grabs me (which I really doubt, given the current storylines), I will be quitting the show.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
i figure you're well on your way when your doing it all alone, in your room, in order to deal with problems in your life.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
does anyone know when morena baccarin's episodes are supposed to be on?

imdb doesn't even list The OC under her tv credits. She has said that she'll be appearing on a series of episodes.

I've already stopped watching the show, but I'd tune in for the episodes that she's in.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian

She will be guest-starring on tonight's episode. I'll tune in just for her.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
Thanks for the heads up..

I will tune in tonight, even though I have stopped watching the series.

I'm assuming the reason she's on starting tonight is because February sweeps has started, and she should be on through the end of this month.

Funny that imdb did not update her credits page until recently. They usually have these things way in advance.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
terrible episode as usual..wish i hadn't tuned in.

morena was on screen for a whole 4 seconds.

she wasn't even in the scenes for next week's episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Seth on pot was hilarious (having the munchies, eating Ryan and Marisa's food, getting all emotional about the ending for "Save the Last Dance"), staring at the blue screen on the TV.

Hopefully by getting rid of Johnny, they can move on to less dour love triangles.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
2/9/06

I wasn't buying the accelerated pairing off of Ryan and Sadie, that was just way too fast.

Can't believe Kaitlin's going back to school, maybe the next time we see her, she'll be older than Marisa.

Here's hoping Morena Baccarin's character has a more substantial role with Matt in future episodes. It looked like Matt was seriously trying to hit on Marisa at her mom's trailer.

Julie did have a good line about oysters: "If I'm going to eat something that disgusting, there had better be something in it for me."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Still not buying this whirlwind romance between Ryan and Sadie. But it did harken back to the classic O.C. with Ryan getting into a fight once again, and getting plenty of facial cuts and bruises to show for his efforts.

If I were Kirsten, I'd been pretty pissed at Sandy's efforts which netted Matt a broken relationship over a hospital proposal. Sandy's obsessed nowadays about that hospital.

Summer's reaction to finding out her father's been schlupping Julie Cooper was chuck-worthy, plus Taylor's new nickname of "T-Bag" (props to "Prison Break").

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I loved when Taylor was at the Korean restaurant (when she saw Summer's dad and Julie) and she was speaking Korean to that guy. I go to Korean restaurants at least two or three times a month and I believe this is the first time I've seen one on a TV show. I actually really liked Taylor in that scene as well.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
They seem to be going down a familiar path with Ryan and Mellissa implicated in Johnny's death. The O.C. has become a guilty pleasure for my wife and I. We started watching the show when our son started watching the show. He went off to college, but we still watch the show.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"The Day After Tomorrow"

Summer: "Remember that movie about the gay guys on the mountain?"

Marissa: "The Lord of the Rings?"

Summer: "Yeah"

Haha!

Seth was acting so irrationally in denial, how long did he expect to keep up the charade (of getting into Brown)?

Ryan says goodbye to yet another love interest in record time.

When did college acceptance letters arrive on the same day for everyone? The writers need a reality check-up.

I'm going out on a limb and say that Tough Guy Sandy is in over his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks