What's new

The Lightroom 3 beta 1 was meh but beta 2 is AWESOME SAUCE (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
FYI - I bought PS Elements 9 from Amazon a few weeks ago ($57.99 after $20 MIR), and just got offered a code from Amazon that brings the LR 3 price to $99.99 (it's a promotion that runs until 5/14/2011), so I went for it as well after having demo'd it previously.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Adobe is running that same promotion...I ordered PSE late last year and just received an e-mail from Adobe the other day offering a full version of LR3 for $99. I'm an Aperture guy, so I won't be using it. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM and I'll forward the e-mail.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Does Lr3 do pretty much everything that the current version of PSE does?

Saw that Amazon's Gold Box Deal for today is for Lr3 at $119, so I'm considering it (after sticking w/ old, pre-Nik/NX, Nikon Capture 4 plus PS CS1 forever now)...

I can probably continue to get by w/ my combo of NC4 + PS CS1 at least until I'm ready to upgrade my camera again, but I'm intrigued. Probably shoulda upgraded PS CS at some point when I still had the chance, but oh well...

_Man_

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
How are PSE's organizing, search and filtering features? Besides the processing tools that's the main benefit of Lightroom.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... Maybe it's time I do trials of both PSE and Lr since it sounds like PSE9 does do some things that Lr3 does not -- too bad PSE9 doesn't seem to offer the same NR capability as Lr3 unless I'm mistaken. The current PSE rebate apparently runs thru end of the year, and it seems like the Amazon Gold Box price for Lr3 might well show up again at some point in one form or another...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks