What's new

The Five Scenes You Use to Demonstrate Surround Sound (1 Viewer)

Trace Ahlers

Stunt Coordinator
I like to use both the DD & DTS openings of T2 Ultimate Edition to demonstrate the difference between the formats.
Most people are stunned by the DTS demo.
Trace

Stephen_M

Agent
The pre-credit sequence in "Tomorrow Never Dies" never fails to rouse viewers in my house...plus another vote for the downtown shootout in "Heat"...

Jim Williams

Second Unit
All of the above are great but my new demo selection goes to Matrix Revolutions from chapter 17 to the end. That is some of the best whiz bang non-stop action with lots of surround that I have ever heard.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George

Leo,

You know, I agree with this point. You can't always get bombarded with flashy sounds and uber effects, that's not entirely what DTS or DD encoding is all about. Now that I've heard your opinion, I might have a better appreciation for that trailer. I never really thought of it as "being inside the piano" until now. Subtle effects also add greatly to moive soundtracks and are also nice points to demonstrate.

However, I disagree on the Flying Disc, I love that one. Partly because of the awesome effect it gave me when I saw Jurassic Park at the theater for the first time.

And regarding the Train demo, that's my favorite trailer (the long version).

Regards,
George

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Opening THX Sequences on Episode 1 or 2 and the Terminator 2 Extreme edition.

Episode 1: Pod Race

The Fifth Element: Sky scenes with the car chases/Zorg demonstrating the ZF-1.

Blues Brothers: Demonstrating the room filling music.

No longer displayed was the Tencho Muyo anime, where Washu is sending them back in time. Nice spinning efect of everyone going around you to each speaker.

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
die hard with a vengence in harlem when the sub'd up cars pass is the best dolby / dts comparsion there is

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor
My big demos are:

Die Hard - The elevator shaft bomb
Shrek - Dragon!!
The Time Machine 2002 - Power up
Mask of Zorro - Mine explosion

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks