What's new

The Classic Sci-fi Ultimate Collection, Vol. 1 and 2 - Set for general distribution (1 Viewer)

Real Name
David
We knew Universal would eventually come out with general distribution of these sets and it's finally here. Although at a little higher price than those who bought them early at Best Buy for $19.99 each, it's certain to be a relief who don't want to pay between $40 and $80 for them from scalpers.

Via Classicflix.com:

After aggravating Classic Sc-Fi fans with their exclusive distribution deal with Best Buy, **Universal** has announced they will re-package 2006's (Volume 1) and last year's (Volume 2) Classic Sci-fi Ultimate Collections as The Classic Sci-fi Ultimate Collection, Vol. 1 and 2 for release on May 13th. The set will feature the exact same content with 10 films on 6 discs with only trailers as bonus features. It will retail for $59.98, but is available at Classicflix.com for only $44.99. However, for 3 days only (until February 10th), we'll have it for the SPECIAL PRE-ORDER PRICE of $39.98.

The films are:

Tarantula (1955, 81 min.)
An experiment to create a growth formula that could end starvation evolves into a nightmare when a contaminated spider grows gargantuan - with an appetite to march!

The Mole People (1956, 78 min.)
Deep below the surface of the earth, three scientists stumble upon a tyrannical tribe of albinos who have enslaved a mutant - and dangerous - race of mole people.

The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957, 81 min.)
After encountering a mysterious radioactive mist, an ordinary businessman finds his physical size diminishing as his ordinary household becomes a terrifying trap of doom.

The Monolith Monsters (1957, 76 min.)
In a desperate race against time and nature, a geologist and a scientist must find a way to stop effects of killer outer-space rocks that are literally petrifying people with fear!

Monster on the Campus (1958, 76 min)
Terror sweeps a college campus after the discovery of a prehistoric fish that turns animals and humans that come into contact with it into bloodthirsty monsters.

Dr. Cyclops (1940, 78 min) in COLOR!
A brilliant but deranged physicist shrinks his enemies to one-fifth of their normal size when they begin to challenge his unconventional experiments.

Cult of the Cobra (1955, 80 min)
Vengeance is sworn against six American GI's after they witness a clandestine ceremony worshiping beautiful women who can change into serpents.

The Land Unknown (1957, 79 min)
When a navy expedition crash-lands in a crater thousands of miles below sea level, they encounter a hot, tropical landscape of prehistoric terror filled with ferocious dinosaurs.

The Deadly Mantis (1957, 79 min)
A paleontologist teams up with the military to battle a huge praying mantis when it goes on the attack in metropolitan cities after being released from an Arctic iceberg.

The Leech Woman (1960, 77 min)
Determined to recapture her beauty, a woman discovers a compound that will restore youth - but only when it's combined with fluid taken from bodies of the newly dead!

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
You may thank me; I just paid beaucoups bucks for Sci Fi vol. 1 on eBay, which I presume triggered this announcement. :angry:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thank God for this. I think my first post at the HTF was asking for Shrinking Man, but I missed the boxed set and was not willing to pay the $100+ asking price on Amazon/eBay. Looks like I'm in the ball game after all.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Knew this was coming... glad to see a formal announcement, it's about time! Bet the repackaging will be an improvement as well.

David Egan

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure the guy selling vol 1 on Amazon for $370 is disappointed. I was this close to paying up to $100 for one but it was hard to believe that a movie like The Incredible Shrinking Man would stay out of print forever. The only drawback to this is that I will now own The Mole People. 100% MST3K.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I can't choose between Plan 9 From Outer Space and Killers From Space. Both are campy fun. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks