What's new

The Biggest Loser Season 6 discussion (1 Viewer)

mike caronia

Second Unit
Arrrg. To think Steve Young and Jerry Rice were there to motivate the likes of Vicky and Heba depresses me.
I HATE Vicky.
And she sandbagged....again!
She can lose all the weight in the world, but that black heart of hers will still shine through.

Amy....you'll be kicking yourself forever for last week!!!!
Told ya so!

Renee and Michelle, PLEASE get to the finals.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Yep, if Amy would have voted off Vicky last week, then she probably would have had Coleen's vote this week and Heba would have been gone. Amy really screwed up with that vote and got her payback really quick, which kinda surprised me. In fact, I now question if this show is not rigged. They gotta know most people hate Vicky, and yet she stayed on. It's almost as if the producers think it would be too boring if Vicky got taken out, so amazingly, she manages to stay. And it also seems way too conicidental that just the week after Amy screws up and does not vote Vicky off, Amy happens to be the least loser, (even though she's been at the top every other week), and has to bear the brunt of her mistake. A bit too coincidental for my suspicious mind.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I had to laugh out loud when I saw how they started to rip off Fringe with the floating text.

Vicky needs to just go away. I can't stand her. She is the first person on the show that I actually hopes gains the weight back.

She has also got to be the first person in the history of this show that looked worse after a makeover. What is with the white face makeup? I think her makeup artist agrees with the rest of us about her and made her look like a clown. LOL

She is the most hateful, "ugly on the inside", person this show has ever had. :frowning:

mike caronia

Second Unit
Vicky's makeover is proof positive you can never polish a turd.

Well, seems like the producer's found a way to make it easier for Michelle to get to F3.
America votes out between the 2 below the line.
One can only pray Vicky is down there.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott

LOL, that is perfect. (Although Mythbusters recently did polish turds in thier last episode)

God, I really, really, really, really hope Vicky is in the bottom this week.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I hope Michelle wins. But if she doesn't, I hope it's Ed so to pay back Vicky for her "blue team has to stick together" mentatlity. She should have voted him off as he was a bigger threat to her than Renee. But she still doesn't listen to Bob and makes it all personal.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
yeah add me in as yet another Vivki hater. I cannot believe how absolutely horrible she is to people. It's not like this show is Survivor where you need to back stab to get ahead. It's a weight loss show. I don't know, my whole family cannot stand her and can't imagine what her friends and family must think of her after seeing this.

Matt_A

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I was really hoping she would have been gone weeks ago. Vicky is taking what makes the show really good and grinding it into the ground. The gameplay should always take a back seat on this show. The primary focus is for these people to effect change. If you happen to make it all the way, more power to you!

I'm really rooting for Michelle on this show. Heba and Vicky are really awful people, and I don't think Ed can do it. Ever since I saw Vicky say that she was trying to play it so that either she or her husband won both the $100K and the $250K, I knew that she didn't care about anything but the gameplay. Ugh.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm already missing Biggest Loser (Australia Edition) which is such a better show. If you've seen it, you'll know what I mean. The one thing really missing from the US version is the way in which the Australian teams are required to shop and develop their own food, and can earn points based on how they do it. (that and it's a nightly event there)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I am in total agreement that Vicky and Hebba are really awful people. The only one still around that I would be glad to see win the whole thing is Michelle. I was sad to see her mom go home.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It doesn't hurt her case that Michelle is pretty easy on the eyes...and seems to be a generally nice person to boot. Reserved...but nice.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I really wanted Vicki to fall below the yellow line, but after hearing Heba's plea to be the third finalist, I was so glad that SHE fell below. What a self absorbed jerk. " My husband is willing to step aside to give me this" So what? You don't give a rats ass about your husband and all the hard work he has put into this? Wow! Just wow! It's one thing for him to step aside on his own choice, but her plea just pissed me off, showing her true colors.

I hope Michelle wins this whole thing. She is genuine, she is beautiful inside and out and she seems like she really cares about the people around her.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
We have never voted in a single TV audience-participation vote at our household...
But as soon as we heard Heba & Ed's "pleas" my wife grabbed her cellphone and voted for Ed! :laugh:

It sure would be a pisser if the rest of the country did the same thing and left Heba hanging out to dry. :D

The word "I" (followed by a bunch of superlatives) flows very easily out of Heba's mouth.

Also...watching the replay of the past season winners (before/after) it really is clear that this has to be the worst season ever for weight-loss among the contestants. No one has even approached 100 pounds of weight loss--right through the penultimate show! All of those past winners were really dramatic. Haven't seen that yet this year. But maybe I should wait until the live finale. I think Michele will be absolutely beautiful with a potential Ali-like (last season's winner) result.

Also, I thought it was pretty interesting that Bob revealed (during one of his conversations with Vicky) that the season 1 winner has put ALL of his weight back on. You wouldn't think that the producers would want to admit that nationally...but it IS a good lesson that prolonged weight-loss is all about lifestyle change and not just about attending boot camp.

I also got the feeling that Vicky decided to "play" Bob by having him think that she now "gets it." And Bob fell for it hook, line & sinker.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
This is a great season - there is/are definately villian/s this year. I hate, despise, have a general disliking for Heba and Vicki. They almost ruin the show for me. Words could'nt be enough if Michelle won and Ed was voted in for the final three.

Mobro

Auditioning
Real Name
Maureen
Based on the comments here, I just submitted my vote for Ed to stay - this is the first season that I have really hated any contestants, but Vicky is evil!!! Past seasons I was just rooting for everyone to succeed, most contestants were so sincere in their desire to change their lives, a lot less cut-throat tactics!

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thank God!!!!

First off, America slapped Heba down off her high horse. Voting against her by a landside even with her competition pleading to vote for her. That must feel really freaking bad. LOL

Then, the wicked witch of the south leaves with nothing!!!!

Congrats to Michelle. She looked amazing and really deserved to win.

The new season in January looks like it will have a lot more drama. The largest person ever to participate. I really hope he doesn't kill himself.

I hope that I can go back to pulling for everyone. This season I had people I actually hated and it sort of ruined the show a little. I want to go back to hoping the best to all participants.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I was pleased with the outcome. Good thing America voted off Heba too. Otherwise Heba had a higher percentage of loss than Michelle, so she would have won the big prize if she were a finalist.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
This season was a bit odd for us as well. First season we actually despised a few contestants. I mean, I really hated Vicki and Heba to the point of wishing them to gain weight. america chose correctly when they put Ed in the competition. Definitely a slap in the face to Heba.

So glad Michelle won.

I was shocked with how Shellay looked. She was stick thin. Jerry actually looked older after losing so much weight. Colleen looked absolutely adorable! Amy looked fantastic and Phil just looked like a completely differnt person.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I hadn't realized that Heba would have beaten Michelle. Talk about justice then!

For "America" to have given Ed 84% of the vote is an absolutely amazing occurrence. That's more than 5 votes for Ed to everyone one for Heba. Politicians would give anything to be able to figure out how to achieve that kind of plurality! We laughed very hard when Allison Sweeney read off that result.

I agree with all points that have been made about Shellay, Phil, Amy C & Amy P. I actually thought Jerry looked incredibly good--what an amazing difference. I though Michelle definitely had an Ali-like moment (last year's winner!). So happy she won!

That show really does need to pick up its production pace, though. While I'm okay with them having two-hour episodes each week (I do workouts myself when watching!), it is one poorly produced show...and I'm afraid to add that I think they could do with a better host. I was hoping Sweeney would be an upgrade from Caroline Rhea...but it's kind of eerie how similarly they handled the duties.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks