What's new

The Amazing Race 5 a go.... (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Why did the twins get upset with the black couple? It seemed to me the guy got to the cab at the same time as the twin, and they both refused to leave. Plus the cab passing them, but is that something to be mad about?

Was there something that I missed?

/Mike

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
The twin was almost entirely in the cab before Chip opened the door, hopped in, and refused to leave. Since they both thought they were the last two teams, neither wanted to share the cab or give it up.

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
At least learn -in most common languages- a way to tell a cabbie to go faster. I thought I heard one of the teams quoting Speedy Gonzolez...
I think Colin know some basic Spanish as he was able to ask the people in the ferry where was the tomb of Eva Peron.

Too bad they told him the wrong cemetary...

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I think Colin know some basic Spanish as he was able to ask the people in the ferry where was the tomb of Eva Peron.

Too bad they told him the wrong cemetary...
I may be wrong, but I think that they were directed to where Juan Perón is buried. As mentioned previously Eva is buried in her family tomb, Durate, which is in La Recoleta. Juan Perón is buried in Cementerio de la Chacarita (the national cemetery). I really can’t remember if that is where they were directed or not.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"guy got to the cab at the same time as the twin" I think the twins "hailed" the cab so that made it there's.

If I were them I would have pushed my twin over and told the cabby to go. That would leave one person standing waiting for the other.

B

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Lew, that is indeed where they were directed.
Thanks Mike. When they were asking, my wife and I both said out loud, that the Peróns were buried in two different cemeteries. But since we talked over the sound, I did not hear which one they went to—and as I’ve never been to Cementerio de ls Chacarita, I did not recognize the place.

That’s what happens when you become a bit too participatory. You lose part of the plot. :)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
How do these people bring their backpacks, some of them looking like full size backpacks as carry on? Some of them are way bigger than any limitation that I have seen travelling.

Jay

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I've wondered that as well but if they can at least get to the gate and then gate check them as opposed to waiting for the carousel it would be a huge time savings. I wonder how the ailines even allow them on given the frames and metal in backpacks like that? Surely they must give them a hard time.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I suspect this is something the producers smooth over off-camera. For the legs where "you must get on one of these two flights", there's obviously already some kind of an arrangement in place with the airline(s); for the others, I imagine this is what all those guys listed as producers do.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
I wonder how the ailines even allow them on given the frames and metal in backpacks like that? Surely they must give them a hard time.
Like Jason said, I'm sure it's approved off camera as you also have to remember that every form of transportation they take (bus, taxi, plane, etc.) must have room for 3 people, not 2. Each team has their own camera-person that is why one person has to sit in back when they have their own vehicle to drive, and why both sit in back when in a taxi, camera-person always gets shotgun :D

Chris

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't be surprised if they have an extra ticket for each person's luggage. :)

/Mike

Kenneth_C

Second Unit
How do these people bring their backpacks, some of them looking like full size backpacks as carry on? Some of them are way bigger than any limitation that I have seen travelling.
I think that, more often than not, the teams do have to check in their backpacks. It's just not shown due to airtime limitations. I've read interviews with past racers stating that waiting for their bags to unload and/or for them to clear customs has hurt their position in the race.

The only time I remember when baggage check-in became a major issue was in TAR2. Boarding a flight to Queenstown, Blake & Paige convinced the gate attendants to let them take their backpacks into the cabin with them. The other teams on the flight (Wil & Tara and Chris & Alex) noticed this and were mightily pissed off. To prevent Blake & Paige from gaining any advantage from this maneuver, they blocked the exit aisle and wouldn't let Blake & Paige (who were further back in the cabin) get off the plane until they saw their own bags unloaded & heading for the terminal.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think the contestants wear wireless mic-packs and that would get rid of the need for an audio person, plus, think of the cab rides, there are only 4 people inside the cab (the driver, 2 contestants, and 1 cameradude).

brentl

Senior HTF Member
OK folks that episode is in my top 10 of all time for this series. My team is second, and are amazing me right now.

Loved the Chocolate eating thing, loved the parasailing(sp?), loved the entrance by the twins, and got teary eyed when the father daughter got choked up.

*****/*****

Brent

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
2 big laughs were the "I got electrocuted" line, and when the dough boy called Mirna "Bitch!" as they drove by. It's pretty funny how that cameradude got such golden footage following Mirna and Charla around.

The other laugh I had was when the twins were all hyped up and swam their way to Phil, plus the cuts of the natives giggling at the twins for their lack of surveying their surroundings before diving into the water and doing the tandem backstroke to get to Phil and the finish line for this race segment.

Too bad this race segment was decided by the availability of seats on the airplanes.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Too bad this race segment was decided by the availability of seats on the airplanes.
My wife thought that the father/daughter should have gotten a break since it was the travel agent who screwed them over. I didn't see the first half of the episode. So I couldn't explain what happen.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
...and when the dough boy called Mirna "Bitch!"...
That was hilarious! The slow roll that Mirna made as it dawned on her that she was the target of that comment was priceless. I still admire Charla for the way she attacks every challenge, but I can't stand their team's constant whining about being ignored or double crossed. Frankly, I'm rooting against them at this point.

The other thing that struck me funny about that team was how overly concerned Mirna was about her appearance going into the pit stop - as if Phil would fall madly in love with her if only she had time to fix her hair. She must know that she doesn't have a chance of impressing Phil if the twins are going to come swimming into the finish in their good & evil underwear. :D

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks