What's new

The Amazing Race 5 a go.... (2 Viewers)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Well I'm sure they edit everything to "create" the different team personalities to their liking. However, as have been said before, we saw what we saw, and that was not editing. I'm sure they have many good qualities too.

I've never heard anyone use the term "run them over" when they mean "pass them".

/Mike

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
There's an interesting post at Franklin Avenue that talks about the pandemonium at the filming of the finale episode. There's also a picture of the Calgary roadblock that never made it into the final cut of the finale due to time restraints.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
quote:Colin: We probably could have made that time up, but what they don't show is that we got a flat tire on the way to the stockyards. So that held us up for about 20 minutes.

Christie: We made up time on the maze and in traffic because our driver drove on the shoulder. Unfortunately, he got the blowout

Didn't they run into Chip&Kim on the way out of the stockyards, where the maze was? They had the shot of the limo passing the van. So that would make the maze the only time difference, and it didn't seem like it would take that long.

MikeEn

Stunt Coordinator
quote:Didn't they run into Chip&Kim on the way out of the stockyards, where the maze was? ... So that would make the maze the only time difference, and it didn't seem like it would take that long.

Yeah, but it was crucial. It's a maze-ing race ...

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but it was crucial. It's a maze-ing race
Can someone hand me a gun?

Reading about the amount of stuff cut from the episode, I begin to wonder why they didn't just have the second-to-last leg as one episode by itself and have a two hour episode just for the final leg. Add in a bit of material about the pandemonium at the finish line - I loved the story about the Cadillac in the river - and it would definitely have been the greatest episode of any TV show in history. A bit of real life intruding on an otherwise well-planned show.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
TV Guide has an interview with the Bowling Moms. Some tidbits:

quote:TVGO: Settle this once and for all: Did you lie to Jim and Marsha about having to change money in Buenos Aires?

Linda: Definitely not. When we were on that ferry, everyone was trying to find directions to Evita Peron's grave, and my question to one of the locals was, "Will they take U.S. dollars?" Because Linda and I had never really traveled. It was one of the early legs and I just wasn't sure. So that was my question. And we already had Argentine pesos, so we were passing this information along to some of the other racers and they overheard us. We liked Jim and Marsha — we never would have lied to them. When we saw that on the show, Linda said, "Karen, did you lie to Jim and Marsha?" And I said, "No! Linda, did you lie to them?"

TVGO: You were the first team to have your cash taken away as a penalty for coming in last on a non-elimination leg. Was that hard?

Karen: For me, it was really difficult. Linda had a hard time holding me up, because I was really down and ready to go home.

Linda: I told her that I could make money anywhere. I knew it! I said, "You don't even have to do anything. I'll get us the money." Because I knew she was very upset about that. Once we thought of the tourists, we had it made.

Karen: [Here's] something that wasn't on the show: Before we got to the pit stop, we found two tour buses parked out front and one of them was filled with Americans. That's where we got most of our money.

Linda: I think it was a good addition to the show, I really do. I think it adds a little more drama. It's pretty easy to do and they made it where you were eliminated in countries where there were tourists. You weren't in the middle of Tanzania, where you'd have to beg from people that don't have any money.

TVGO: Why didn't you use the Yield on anyone?

Linda: We've got a story about that. At every pit stop, you have to turn in everything in your bag, all your trash and that sort of thing. So at either the first or second pit stop, we turned in our trash, and our Yield marker was in it by accident. So we didn't have a Yield for the rest of the race! Nobody knew this! When I realized it, I called the production staff and they said they'd replace it, but in the rules, it says you can't get a replacement. If they told me that, I would have gone and looked through the trash, because we definitely would have used it.

TVGO: Unlike some teams, you didn't make any enemies during the race.

Karen: One of the things we tried to do is help another team out in the hopes that, if you're in trouble, they will come and help you out. And you know what? Even Colin helped us out a couple times.

Linda: He did. They didn't show a lot of it on camera, but he really did.

Karen: When we blew the oil pump and the twins drove right by us, Colin stopped. And there was another incident where we took a water taxi. We didn't have the proper currency, and Colin and Christie paid for our fee. So there were times where they were nice. And they didn't really come after us.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks