What's new

International Superman Anthology UK Import (1 Viewer)

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
My apologies if this has been discussed somewhere, I could not find anything about this using the search function for the forums.
I've noticed the Region Free Blu-ray U.K. import of the Superman Anthology can be found fairly cheap when compared to the U.S. version. My question is, does this suffer from the dreaded PAL "speed up" audio-wise when viewed on players in the U.S.? I'm familar with DVD import discs, but have no knowledge of NTSC vs. PAL when it comes to the Blu-Ray format. Thanks very much!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Scott511 said:
My apologies if this has been discussed somewhere, I could not find anything about this using the search function for the forums.
I've noticed the Region Free Blu-ray U.K. import of the Superman Anthology can be found fairly cheap when compared to the U.S. version. My question is, does this suffer from the dreaded PAL "speed up" audio-wise when viewed on players in the U.S.? I'm familar with DVD import discs, but have no knowledge of NTSC vs. PAL when it comes to the Blu-Ray format. Thanks very much!
"NTSC vs. PAL" doesn't apply to blu-ray. All you have to worry about is whether or not the disc is Zone B locked.

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Thanks for the warning Mr. Seven!
I will have a easier time dealing with the PAL "speed up" audio on the bonus material more than I can on the films.
I'll be considering this before I purchase.
I appreciate all the feedback!

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
No issues with the extras either. SD material on the international releases of the Superman Anthology set are the same as the North American, ie no PAL/50Hz issues. Companies like Sony, Paramount, Warner, Fox, Universal and Disney use the same 60Hz material for their bonus stuff for their releases worldwide (they are usually identical with the exception of audio tracks and subtitle selection). It is when you go with releases by regional distributors that you need to look out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks