1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Subwoofer hook up on an older receiver?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Brandon[C], Jan 1, 2004.

1. Brandon[C]

Brandon[C] Auditioning

Hey guys I've got an older (about 8 years old) receiver, and I love its sound. However, now that I want to add a subwoofer, a problem has presented itself. The receiver has no subwoofer input. Is their any other way to hook up a sub, or do I have to get a new receiver? FYI the sub I wanted to get was a Klipsch KSW-10 since I can get such a good deal on it...

2. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

If the sub has it, run the main l/r outputs to the sub, then from the sub to the speakers.

Chris

3. Brandon[C]

Brandon[C] Auditioning

One more thing, will the subwoofer sound good hooked up this way? Or would getting a new receiver be the better choice?

4. John S

John S Producer

New receiver time.....

It is not just the sub out either...

New HT receivers with all the newer processing are just better.

Especially when there are quite respectable 6.1 Receivers out there for well under $200....

5. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

Well it sounds like it's just a stereo reciever John and if the reciever does a good job at what it is powering now I would see no reason just to hook it into the L/R inputs/outputs on the subwoofer, sounds fine to me, i've done it before and it sounds just as good as if you were using the sub-out jack.