What's new

Subwoofer hook up on an older receiver? (1 Viewer)

Brandon[C]

Auditioning
Hey guys I've got an older (about 8 years old) receiver, and I love its sound. However, now that I want to add a subwoofer, a problem has presented itself. The receiver has no subwoofer input. Is their any other way to hook up a sub, or do I have to get a new receiver? FYI the sub I wanted to get was a Klipsch KSW-10 since I can get such a good deal on it...

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
If the sub has it, run the main l/r outputs to the sub, then from the sub to the speakers.

Chris

Brandon[C]

Auditioning
One more thing, will the subwoofer sound good hooked up this way? Or would getting a new receiver be the better choice?

John S

Senior HTF Member
New receiver time.....

It is not just the sub out either...

New HT receivers with all the newer processing are just better.

Especially when there are quite respectable 6.1 Receivers out there for well under $200....

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Well it sounds like it's just a stereo reciever John and if the reciever does a good job at what it is powering now I would see no reason just to hook it into the L/R inputs/outputs on the subwoofer, sounds fine to me, i've done it before and it sounds just as good as if you were using the sub-out jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks