What's new

Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

Jeff Robertson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff Robertson
Amazon has it for pre-order now. At $90, that might just be too steep for me. I may be swayed if the reviews are positive.

I was blown away by how good Encounter at Farpoint looked and sounded on the sampler that I am willing to put up with Season 1's lousy episodes. There are still mostly good ones in the bunch.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Jeff Ulmer /t/315179/star-trek-the-next-generation-blu-ray#post_3951726
Just a heads up that Amazon has this for $59.99 today.

Thank god their pre-order guarantees to match lowest price! That, and $60 is dead on perfect price for this.

dlbsyst

Agent
Real Name
Will Brand
I will still be getting mine from Best Buy Tuesday morning. I can get it for $54.99 with a traded in DVD. Amazon is just copying Best Buys price and they are charging tax now for those of us in Texas so no savings anymore.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I just got back from the Fathom Event for this and it looked excellent. I'll be getting by Blu from Best Buy tomorrow.

nealg

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Neal
I also came back from the Fathom event. I was disappointed in the video quality (quite a bit of noise), but I think the fault lies with the transmission to the theater.
Incidentally, the promo they ran for Season 2 looked better than the two episodes shown.:confused:

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I agree that the season 2 footage looked incredible. It is possible that they only used the shots that looked the best of the season however.

nealg

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Neal
GET A $10 CREDIT ON YOUR PURCHASE OF ST:TNG BLU-RAY AT BEST BUY
Order at BestBuy.com and select in-store pickup. This will get you a $10 savings code (instead of the $5 you'd get for a traded dvd). Unless, of course, you don't plan to buy anything from Best Buy before the end of August (code expires).

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It had to be the transmission, Neal. I didn't find any problem in the presentation outside of what was in the show originally (cheap-ish looking sets).

Now I wanna see some DS9 in high def on the theater screen...

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Apparently the ST:TNG blus have 3 defective discs, but there is a replacement program being set up.
http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/scifi/star-trek-tng-blurays-audio-defect-replacements-free.html

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
To get the replacement discs you just have to give them the codes that are printed on the 3 discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks