What's new

Star Trek Beyond (2016) (2 Viewers)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Tino said:
No chance in hell for Nicholas Meyer or Jonathan Frakes. They wanna go forward not backward.
Of course, this still doesn't stop the out-of-touch fanboys over at places like TrekMovie.com from wistfully believing that Leonard Nimoy or Jonathan Frakes will somehow get the job, because apparently it's either 1986 or 1997.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
joshEH said:
Edgar Wright's never gonna happen in a million years, or at least not if he doesn't get the time to develop the script to his satisfaction.
Yeah, I doubt he's interested in getting into a situation that will probably be even worse than whatever made him leave or get fired from Antman.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
joshEH said:
Of course, this still doesn't stop the out-of-touch fanboys over at places like TrekMovie.com from wistfully believing that Leonard Nimoy or Jonathan Frakes will somehow get the job, because apparently it's either 1986 or 1997.
Yeah, because someone with previous experience helming a successful Trek movie shouldn't even be considered for the job. Is it because they are too old? :huh:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
In this day and age they would be out of touch regarding what audiences want imo. I don't think their style of filmmaking would work today.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I would love JJ to come back to Trek. But that starship has sailed. How bout Matt Reeves?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Under the hashtag #BringInRiker, dozens of Trek fans started tweeting yesterday to recruit Jonathan Frakes to take over.
Wow..dozens! ;)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
No. NO. NO!

Bring in someone new to the franchise. Someone with some creds. It's the 50th anniversary. Treat it with the respect it deserves.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Greg Kettell said:
As long as we're just tossing out director names, I'd love to see what Bryan Singer could do with a NewTrek film (though I know he's busy with X-Men: Apocalypse).
And we know he's a fan. That's another very good name to toss into the mix!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Personally I'm glad he's busy. I don't think that Singer is a good match for the material. Shoot me for saying so, but I wonder what the Coen's would do with something like Star Trek, man.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Tino said:
In this day and age they would be out of touch regarding what audiences want imo. I don't think their style of filmmaking would work today.
Good solid film making ever goes out of style, in spite of what a studio thinks is trendy these days. TWOK was good enough to essentially remake as STID. ;)

According to the IMDB, Meyer and Frakes are still working. Meyer has a film coming out next year.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Do you seriously think paramount would ever consider them?? No chance. Ever. End of story. Move along. Nothing to see here. ;)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I'd love to see frames or Meyer directing trek 3.How about tom hanks or Mel Gibson???I'm curious to see who will direct and why orci left. Most curious as the film was to start filming soon? A few months??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks