What's new

Sony LED TV to Sony Hometheater System Connection (1 Viewer)

Aneesh Kumar

Auditioning
Real Name
Aneesh
[ATTACHMENT=465]Sony TV to Home theater.jpg (49k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT] Hi, I have a Sony LED TV and Sony hometheater . I have a problem with the sound system in Home theater whenever i play a file from USB LED TV where the sound will not come up. I know that i'm making some mistake but i have tried all the posibilities to work so. Requesting you guys to check the attachment and provide the solution. thanks Rgds, Aneesh

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
What you have labeled as "Audio-In" doesn't look like one. I can't read it when I blow it up and the web site doesn't provide a manual. What does it say on the receiver?

Aneesh Kumar

Auditioning
Real Name
Aneesh
[ATTACHMENT=467]Sony TV to Home theater_Updated (59k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT] Hi Anderson, Sorry, I have updated the correct one. Please check. Rgds, Aneesh

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
If you drew it correctly, the yellow is a video in. The audio in is the red/white below it.

Aneesh Kumar

Auditioning
Real Name
Aneesh
Yes i tried in all the port where ever i see the audio. But it doesnt work for me. I never tried changing the cable but i know that it wouldn't be a cable issue because the same cable i used to work before. I just need to know what i'm doing is right or not.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
My question is... What are you using for audio output on the TV? According to the spec page, all it has is a 1/8th jack. Is that what you are using? A 1/8th to RCA?

Aneesh Kumar

Auditioning
Real Name
Aneesh
No am not using 1/8 jack cos there is no place to plug in into my hometheater. Am using the red,white and yellow cable. Else please tel me which one i have to use. I'll try using that. Thanks for your reply.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Your TV does not have an RCA audio output, period. Read your owners manual. The spec page show that it ONLY HAS a "audio output paired with HP" and "headphone output paired with audio output"...period, read your manual. There is no, none, period, end of discussion, "yellow video output" on your TV, read your owners manual. Use a 1/8th to RCA cable. The same thing you'd use for a cellphone.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This is the cable you need... http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-Cable-CMR206-Stereo-Adapter/dp/B000068O33/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361692379&sr=1-1&keywords=1%2F8th+rca

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks