What's new

So I got robbed over the holidays.... (1 Viewer)

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Do you have any family photos, with any of your stuff in the picture (maybe in the background)? Hard to deny something in a picture.........

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Just wanted to add my sympathies. Luckily I've never been robbed so I can only imagine how crappy it must be. Hang in there.

I went to great pains securing my house over the holidays. I figure I'll make them work for it if they want what little I have.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well. it took me a week, but I've finally started getting the house back in order, so 3 rooms down, just one more to go. For the past week, I just wasn't mentally ready to clean up the place, so I let things stay messy until last night. The side benefit of cleaning up is that I found an uncashed paycheck from 3 months ago. So that was a nice bonus.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Your positive attitude amazes me! That's the best way to do it though. Is the equipment list on your Patcave site current? If so you could use the web.archive.org site save from before the robbery to help prove your claim to the adjuster.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I'd look at it very closely. With the way your luck has been going lately it probably has "Void After 60 Days" printed on it!

I hope the new year is a whole lot better for you.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
If it was me I'd change the place around, move furniture, move bedroom to another area of the house, make it a bit different.

I agree...hope your luck is better this year. Get a big loud dog.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

I was amazed at how grossly out-of-date my equipment list is at the moment (like 6 years out-of-date), but I've been able to cobble together a lot of receipts, cancelled checks, etc. for my upcoming claim.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Very sorry to hear about the robbery Pat.

I put in a ADT systems a few years ago when the crime in my area began to go up.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Sorry to hear, Pat. Just saw this from your other thread about buying the Vizio to replace your lost Panny.

If it makes you feel any better, I probably didn't fair much better on Christmas Eve either as our excellent condition 2005 Saturn (w/ just ~16K miles on it) got practically totalled by a hit-and-run driver while the car was parked near/outside my sister's house :frowning: -- and we didn't even realize it until after the police came and did their work and towed the car away (leaving us thinking our car got stolen at first). Fortunately, there were witnesses to the whole incident (including one pedestrian who got hit though w/ no serious injuries AFAIK), and a nice cab driver apparently even chased down the hit-and-run vehicle to catch the license plate before he/she could get away w/ it. Apparently, the hit-and-run vehicle (reportedly a 2x4 truck) is a company vehicle, so now, we're dealing w/ their insurance company on the matter.

But despite the hassle (and the $$$ lost), the most important thing remains that none of us got hurt (and the one injured pedestrian apparently wasn't hurt too badly). These sorts of things can happen to any of us (even though we usually only read about them, not actually experience them for ourselves), so it's good that we at least come out of them relatively unscathed if/when they do happen...

Anyway, hope everything works out just fine for you, Pat...

_Man_

Rakie

Agent
Real Name
Tim
Wow, thats terrible to hear :frowning:

It would really not be a nice feeling to lose your possessions... But more importantly, id feel uneasy in my own home for myself and my family (If I had one).

Good luck buddy.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
I dunno....anybody that doesn't notice a missing paycheck probably has waaaaayyy too much money anyway and shouldn't even be bothering those poor souls at the insurance company ;)

Mort

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I would first suspect the crews of people who went through his house to fix the water damage. Given the construction economy it would not be a stretch to say that some builders are out of work and have turned to less reputable pursuits.

Sorry to hear about the robbery Patrick.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks