1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Snow White $5 upgrade rebate good for LD, too?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stacie, Oct 13, 2001.

1. Stacie

Stacie Well-Known Member

Apologies if this question has already been answered. I haven't had much time to visit the forum lately. I did look through recent threads and didn't see one that appeared to answer this question.
    How about it? Does anyone know if you can also get the $5 rebate by sending in the UPC from the previous laserdisc release of Snow White?
    Again, sorry if this is a repeat question.

2. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if they didn't accept an LD submission. The forms say to provide the POP from your "video" - not VHS, not tape - so that'll cover all formats. They've had this policy for a while, and I've never heard any problems with LD claims, so I feel confident they'll take it...
    ------------------
    Colin Jacobson
    DVD Movie Guide
    www.dvdmg.com

3. MikeM

MikeM Well-Known Member

4. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Well-Known Member

The point of the Disney rebate is to give owners of PRIOR video releases $5 back if they buy the NEW release. There is no new LD version, but if you bought the old one, you should be able to get $5 back if you purchase the NEW DVD. The whole point is to encourage people to buy the DVD, and they feel that a minor rebate will get some current owners to purchase the new release...
    ------------------
    Colin Jacobson
    DVD Movie Guide
    www.dvdmg.com

5. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Well-Known Member

Damin J. Toell