What's new

Silver to Black... revisited (1 Viewer)

SeanA

Second Unit
If I can find some speaker grill fabric (Radio Shack did not have), I will give it a shot and post some revised images... assuming it turns out.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
It's looking a lot better than the silver ;) If your not using the speakers in the tv why not just stick the paper over them too? That's what one of my friends did & he also covered the door & cut out a round circle of the paper & put it over the power button. If it's removable why not give it it shot & if doesn't come out the way you like it, it's only a tape pull back to the silver :D

SeanA

Second Unit
Hey Bill,

Yeah... I already find that it adds to my viewing pleasure. :D I actually don't mind the little bit of silver for the door and power button. But the speakers definitely need covering. I do use the TV speakers for plain old TV programming (the Sony really has decent sound) so I don't want to just mask over the speakers. Finding a way to cover the speakers with grill fabric is even more of challenge but one I think I can definitely work out. I am a mechanical engineer, so I will really be disappointed if I can't figure out a neat and clean way of attaching the grill fabric.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
1. Get 2 Thin Wood Strips
2. Cut Out A Frame Big Enough To Cover The Speakers
3. Spray Paint The Front & Sides Of The Frames Black
4. Stretch & Glue Speaker Fabric To The Frames
5. Cut & Stick "Removable Tape" At The Top & Bottom Of The
Speakers On The TV.
6. Place Thin Velcro Stips On The Removable Tape On The TV
7. Place Velcro Strips On The Frames
8. Stick Frames To Velgro Strips On The TV
9. If Frames Vibrate Too Much Try More Velgro :D

Just a Quick Idea that may help you & instead of Speaker Cloth you could check with Lowes or Home Depot & see if they have any thin metal with holes in it that you could form to slip over the top & bottom of the set & then paint them black. So I guess it's off to the drawing board for you. Try www.partsexpress.com for the speaker cloth or try a search on speaker building that should lead you to the cloth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks