What's new

shameless puppy whoring (1 Viewer)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
remember my pup? she's getting bigger and I finally picked the name charlie. She loves to destroy paper products, paper towel rolls, boxes of all kinds, and her favorite, newspaper.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
just seconds after hitting submit I look over and think "aww how cute she's just sitting there watch.. HEY NO! QUIT PEEING ON MY BED!!" :angry:

James T

Screenwriter
Just remember to keep your wallet out of your dog's reach. When my dog was a puppy, he chewed up my wallet and all my cards(but left the actual money alone).

He also got lucky one time. My sister left a double chocolate chip muffin on top of the piano and my dog easily found the muffin and ate it. In case you didn't know, chocolate is very bad for dogs.

My dog recognizes the vet building now. He refuses to go up the stairs to the vet and refuses to go down the stairs to get his hair cut. He also seems to have a delayed reaction whenever he gets a shot. The doctor would give him the needle shot, then about 30 seconds later, he'll start screaming like a puppy who lost his mother. The second time he did that, the vet exclaimed, "He did that the last time he was here too!"

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
haha, she hasn't been in to the vet since I've owned her, looking through her shot records they're nearly complete but she's going to need a couple I think. We'll see how that goes, usually she's not bothered by much, but once in awhile some freak thing will scare the crap out of her, like when I took her to petsmart to get a tag and some new toys, she didn't like that too much :laugh:

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
AW man, her vet visit cost me 175 dollars :frowning: I knew it would be spendy, but dayum :frowning:

also she has a loose hip joint which can be a sign of hip displasya later in life :frowning:
and to top it all off, he wants a poo sample next visit. This sucks.

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I just wanted to give you some advice about the paper eating. My puppy loved to do that too. In fact my mom encouraged it. Well when they get older they rip up more stuff and some papers are important. Don't let it go on anymore. My dog trainer said not to and she was right.

On another note, my puppy does have hip dysplasia. Make sure that you do not overfeed your dog. This is crucial. Also, do not let her run too much or rough house because this is not beneficial for her hips. Some may argue against this point but my dog has grade 4 hip dysplasia which is the absolute worst grade they can have. I have been forced to keep him on a leash at the park with a little running in the yard. His hips are doing quite well and the further I can put off a full hip replacement, the better. Good luck and hopefully it won't turn into anything.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Well since no one else did it, I'll post it:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW........howcuuuuuuuuuuu uuutttttttteeeeee!!!

I mean it, a cutie.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I mean it, a cutie.
of course you only say that because you don't have to live with her..
I do have to say I think she is going to be the smartest dog I've ever had the pleasure of working with (that isn't saying much.. hehe) she's going to be an outstanding dog someday we'll see I guess, ask me in 12 months :frowning:

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
He also got lucky one time. My sister left a double chocolate chip muffin on top of the piano and my dog easily found the muffin and ate it. In case you didn't know, chocolate is very bad for dogs.
That's nothin'!

We once had a beagle that ate an ENTIRE pack of Dutch Cocoa cookies my brother had foolishly left out on a coffee table. Fortunately, she didn't seem to suffer any ill effects. :)

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I have had two dogs with hip dysplasia. The first one was not diagnosed with it until she was two. We let her run like there was no tomorrow. She finally began showing symptoms at two and if I had to do it again I would still have let her run. She recover very quickly from surgery and was always in great shape

My current dog is different. His one hip is so loose that it risks dislocation if he plays too hard. As well, the surgeons now say that it is better to restrict exercise when they're young because it will preserve the bone. My current dog does not seem to be in the greatest shape but all I can do is walk him.

I tend to think that exercise will improve the muscular support around the hip as well as their cardiovascular level. I would only suggest to keep her from playing too rough as that will definitely ruin her hip. By this I mean hard impacts like being thrown down by bigger dogs. Otherwise moderate exercise is the way to IMHO. Either way, good luck :)

Stacie

Stunt Coordinator
Philip,

What a cute puppy!

My dog (Lando, a lab mix) showed signs of potential hip dysplasia when he was a puppy (he's now going on 3 years old). What our vet saw was in an x-ray: the left hip socket wasn't giving quite enough coverage. When the vet moved the hip joint, however, it wasn't unusually loose. This was initially diagnosed when he was in to be fixed at the age of 6 months.

Our vet recommended that we return in 6 months for more x-rays to see how the joint was developing. She suggested that a surgery called TPO (I believe that stands for triple pelvic osteotomy) might spare Lando a lot of suffering down the road if he showed more signs of impending hip dysplasia. I don't remember now exactly what the TPO involved, but it apparently has to be done while the dog is young (no later than 18 months of age). According to our vet, most dogs who have a TPO make a full recovery and lead normal, active lives. Finally, it's apparently a lot cheaper than hip replacement (though I'm sure that varies depending on where you live, etc.)

After a second set of x-rays, our vet thought that Lando's hip socket was looking pretty good, and since he hadn't displayed any symptoms of hip dysplasia, we didn't have to go ahead with the surgery. Still, we fed him premium-branded large breed dog food that contained glucosamine and chondroitin (which supposedly helps maintain joint health in both humans and dogs). Recently, we switched to a cheaper (but still nutritious) light dog food that we supplement with a daily glucosamine and chondroitin pill (purchased in bulk from Costco). The combo gives Lando essentially the same benefits that he was receiving from the large breed food, but it's a lot cheaper!

Good luck -- with proper diet, exercise, and veterinary care, I'm sure you can help your puppy lead a long and happy life.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks