What's new

Schindler's List "broken plexiglass case" thread - (1 Viewer)

Gerry A

Agent
My case is cracked. The guy who I get my DVDs from got a whole shipment of damaged cases, half of which the cases were smashed.

Michael Cucka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Cucka
Maybe we should change the content of this thread to those who received the SE set by mail and receive the case unbroken! :laugh:

Sten F

Second Unit
Maybe this is the most fragile case ever made. I´m sure Universal will receive tons of complaints.

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Good idea. Maybe a new thread should be started on this subject. I just ordered mine from Amazon.com because Best Buy changed their price from $55.99 to $59.99 :frowning: within a day. Amazon was only $55.99. Hope it does not come broken and if it does, back it goes. How many people got the set unbroken? Show of hands?

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
Hmm...I didn't know this was a problem. I guess I'm lucky to receive a copy in good condition. :)

Anyways, just for those who are interested, I took some pictures for the people over at IGN boards but thought that I'll share it here with those that are still on the fence on whether they want to pick this up or not.

Packaging:
Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

Size comparison:
Pic 5

Contents: (from left to right, Insert, Collector's Booklet, Senitype)
Pic 6

DVD:
Pic 7 Pic 8 Pic 9 Pic 10
(please don't mind the reflections off the wall)

Dannie

Stunt Coordinator
well i got mines bak on monday and i asked him if the case was broken and he let me take alook at it b4 i brought it! and it wasnt broken or nething so i got it

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
My Best Buy broke release date yesterday and had only the gift set out. I snatched one up and made sure it had no cracks.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

I will be first in line to tell you countless stories about the unfathomable idiocy of my employer, the United States Postal Service.
"well packed and padded items" however, are not likely to be damaged.

Jim

ericLee

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe the cases are supposed to crack and break to searve as a metaphor or something like that.?

Peter Svensson

Second Unit
Two swedish dealers have stopped selling this edition because almost every consumer has received a broken case and it´s to expensive and difficult to replace them.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I checked out our copies at Target today and they were all in perfect condition. We got about five copies of the deluxe set, and the box had "slots" in the styrofoam for about 15-20. In any case, they were well-protected. I can't imagine the sets being damaged the way Universal has packaged them. I imagine the problem is coming up when they're taking out of the initial shipping box and sent out individually to online consumers. I wouldn't worry about the condition of these sets in stores on Tuesday.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I'll be triple checking to make sure mine isn't broken when I pick it up Tuesday. My roomate is already giving me crap for spending $60 on this. This coming from the guy who has spent hundreds of dollars getting every edition of Star Wars on VHS as well as bootleg DVDs. Moron! :)

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
Received my copy from Amazon.com yesterday and low and behold, it was broken. Back it went today.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks