1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Scarface - anamorphic and 4.0

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Stone, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Chris Stone

Chris Stone Active Member

the recently releaes R2 version of Scarface not only spots a great looking anamorphic transfer but also the sound has been remastered in Dolby Digital 4.0 instead of the regular matrix surround found on the R1 release

2. John Stockton

John Stockton Well-Known Member

That is the way it should be. When released in theatres, the only stereo prints of Scarface were 35 MM Magnetic 4-track (non Dolby encoded)which were very rare at the time (and still are).
    There were optical prints made as well but they were all mono.
    ------------------

3. Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the UK release? I watched that just this morning and the picture is wonderful! A touch grainy at times, but apart from that, clear, crisp, colourful with barely any hint of element damage or digital foul-ups.
    ------------------
    "Here lies Ash Buchanan, protected by the Ejaculation of Serpents" - coming to DVD on 21st August 2001

4. Adam Barratt

Adam Barratt Well-Known Member

Adam
    Is the R2 version a re-release? I've seen the R4 version, which is the same as the original R2 (anamorphically enhanced, Dolby Digital 4.0), but it looked pretty terrible to my eyes: soft and with more aliasing than you could shake a stick at.
    R4version review.
    Adam

5. Michael Coate

Michael Coate Well-Known Member

6. John Stockton

John Stockton Well-Known Member

Hi Michael, I had a feeling you would reply to my post. Come to think of it I think it was in 8 Channels [​IMG]
    ------------------