What's new

Scarface - anamorphic and 4.0 (1 Viewer)

Chris Stone

Agent
the recently releaes R2 version of Scarface not only spots a great looking anamorphic transfer but also the sound has been remastered in Dolby Digital 4.0 instead of the regular matrix surround found on the R1 release

John Stockton

Second Unit
That is the way it should be. When released in theatres, the only stereo prints of Scarface were 35 MM Magnetic 4-track (non Dolby encoded)which were very rare at the time (and still are).
There were optical prints made as well but they were all mono.
------------------

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Are you referring to the UK release? I watched that just this morning and the picture is wonderful! A touch grainy at times, but apart from that, clear, crisp, colourful with barely any hint of element damage or digital foul-ups.
------------------
"Here lies Ash Buchanan, protected by the Ejaculation of Serpents" - coming to DVD on 21st August 2001

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Is the R2 version a re-release? I've seen the R4 version, which is the same as the original R2 (anamorphically enhanced, Dolby Digital 4.0), but it looked pretty terrible to my eyes: soft and with more aliasing than you could shake a stick at.
R4version review.
Adam

John Stockton

Second Unit
Hi Michael, I had a feeling you would reply to my post. Come to think of it I think it was in 8 Channels :)
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks