What's new

Say good bye to Pork Chops (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just don't overcook them and they won't be dry. Use a meat thermometer if you're not sure when they're done. Remove them from the heat just before they reach the desired temperature, as there will be about 10 degrees of carryover once they're removed.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Josh Steinberg said:
I've heard people rave about oven bags for various purposes, but I've yet to try one... I should stop making excuses and experiment!
I've did our Thanksgiving turkey for several years running in an oven bag. It comes out moist and tender every time; add a stick of butter and you're in hog heaven! :lol:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Ron1973 said:
I've did our Thanksgiving turkey for several years running in an oven bag. It comes out moist and tender every time; add a stick of butter and you're in hog heaven! :lol:
My girlfriend did that last year for her annual not-quite-on-Thanskgiving-Thanksgiving-party, and it was pretty damn awesome! (Well, at least the bag, not sure about the stick of butter...but whatever she used for seasoning, it did the trick.)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
JediFonger said:
re: dry pork chops i've just been grilling them in the last two weeks now that the weather's less cold. the key is low to medium fire and a bit longer time.with nothing but the meat i get it pretty juicy and no charring.
What temp are you running at, how long, and how thick are the chops?

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i used google to get a rough idea and it has been pretty accurate:http://bbq.about.com/b/2014/05/20/timing-pork-chops.htmmy temp gauge is actually broke i have to do some tlc on it when i have time. but in the past it can go from500-600 deg. whenever i did that it would almost always burn & dry up the pork chop in 5-7min. after reading and swallowing my pride i turned it down from 'high' to medium ot a little lower than medium for 5-7min on less than 1/2" and 10-12min on 1" and now its perfecto. i do preheat at max setting for 3-5min.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks