What's new
World Wide Stereo

Samsung DLP TV's - need help. (1 Viewer)

Alex-F-V

Stunt Coordinator
I am currently looking at getting a 43" samsung DLP TV(model #HLN4365W) I want to know if these TV's are good and worth getting. The problem I have right now is that I have a really lame media niche in my home with the dimensions of

45" wide
34" tall
23 1/2" deep

AND this space is ABOVE a fireplace (Mubles obscenities as cruddy homebuilders)Heat is not an issue with space either.

Almost needless to say this has caused a major problem for me as I want a big TV that is widescreen and HDTV ready...
My dream is to be able to cover the space with a beutiful plasma but they are out of my price range.

Anyways your thoughts on this TV and maybe another TV that will fit here would be great.

Alex.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Eric Ehedstr

Auditioning
Have it, love it! I didn't want a rearprojection screen until I saw it. Maybe you can help me with some questions.. see in the "DLP component vs DVI" thread.

Don Petsche

Agent
I've got the 50" version, a great T.V. all around. I would recommend it without hesitation, but verticle viewing angles might warrant some caution depending on how high off of the floor you are talking about when you say above the fireplace. Horizontal angles on the Samsung DLPs sets are the best, no sweet spot issues at all, but vertically there is some image dimming depending on how severe the viewing angle. I would suggest purchasing with a good return policy just in case, and/or would try to demo it at a retailer ahead of time in a similar vertical configuration.

Clint Key

Auditioning
I own the 61" and I have to say, Samsung has really outdone themselves. I can imagine the 2 other DLP monitors from them are equally as impressive. I totally concur with Don though regarding the vertical viewing angle. There isn't a whole lot of room to work with above and below the line of sight.

Oh, and FYI, the DVI connection is a great added bonus. You really can't beat the picture from a Samsung DVD-HD931 with DVI output to the new Samsung DLP's DVI input

Clint

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks