What's new

RX-V1 DSPs not working (1 Viewer)

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Earlier today all was well, then this evening when I turned on my system to my Tivo, no sound. I checked out various settings, and could only get audio through the 6-channel input. I unplugged it and let it sit for a while, and I could get analog sources to play with the effects turned off, which is basically stereo and I believe that bypasses most of the circuitry. The display does indicate the appropriate signal is being received, so it doesn't seem to be a problem in the connections. When in 6-channel mode, all 6 speakers play just fine. So there's no indication of a problem with the amps or speakers. When changing devices or input modes, there is a slight pop in the speakers.

The receiver is 5 years and 2 months old, which puts it a bit outside the extended warranty I paid for. :frowning: There have been no changes to my system in recent months, in fact it's been over 6 months since I moved in devices around and it's been working fine. The only other glitch the receiver had was the left channel occasionally shutting down. That could be fixed by plugging a cable into the left pre-in/out and then removing it and I know this problem affected other people too.

So anyone got any ideas about what might be wrong and how to correct it? I suppose I could use this as an excuse to make the transition to separates since the amps are still good. :)

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
My Yamaha DSP-A1 has been acting up like that for a couple of years. Turning it off/on MANY times will sometimes fix it.

It really pissed me off this weekend when it took an hour to come on. I have been perusing the Pioneer receiver listings on eBay, as Yamaha has disappointed me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks