What's new

Rock n Roll hall of Fame-WHAT THE HELL? (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Instead of smirking, prove otherwise. I've given the argument a lot of thought - how much cognitive power went into your little sneer?

In terms of sheer number of acts that have in some manner or form borrowed from Kraftwerk, I think you'll find their record hard to beat. Perhaps Robert Johnson or Hank Williams might beat the record, but arguably they were practitioners of already established musical forms. As I said, you don't have to like Kraftwerk's influence (I for one certainly don't - this isn't some misty-eyed tribute to Kraftwerk), but it is very real and widespread.

Robin_B

Stunt Coordinator
re Kraftwerk

"After several early experimental albums, their breakthrough came in 1974 with the Autobahn album and its 22-minute title track, which was a worldwide hit and demonstrated their increasing reliance on synthesizers and electronics. This was followed by a trio of albums that were to exert a huge influence on popular music — Radio-Activity (1975), Trans-Europe Express (1977) and the seminal The Man Machine (1978)."

It's hard to believe that the Autobahn album was released in 1974!

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
The Hall should have a way for the public to induct two or three artists every year. They could publish a list of 15 "important acts" that the current voters would never induct (Monkees anyone).

Grant B

Senior HTF Member

Thank You Jack!

I went about 5 years back mainly because my mom was driving me (trip to Toledo to see the family)crazy and the rain made a 2nd day of Cedar Point not a possibility,

I knew when I overheard a girl ask where the spice girls were (back in the whore house and drunk tank I think I mumbled.

I must admit when I turned the corner and saw a 20ft x 10ft photo that read "1090 Page Street San Francisco" that was taken from my doorstep I almost had a stroke.

But for the same reason I get pissed off that the insane Grammies(I think deaf people could do better) no matter how much I hate the RRHOF I can't just ignore it.....
RRHOF 'the Big Zit on the tip of your nose' of the Music Industry

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Thankfully they didn't go quietly!

SEX PISTOLS TO ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME: “WE’RE NOT YOUR MONKEY.” The Sex
Pistols have confirmed rumors that they won’t be on hand next month to
accept their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame -- and they did
it in typical Sex-Pistols fashion, with a scrawled note full of typos and
grammar errors. It reads as follows: "Next to the SEX PISTOLS rock and roll
and that hall of fame is a piss stain. Your museum. Urine in wine. Were not
coming. Were not your monkey and So what? Fame at 25-thousand dollars if we
paid for a table, or 15-thousand dollars to squeak up in the gallery, goes
to a non-profit organization selling us a load of old famous.
Congradulations. If you voted for us, hope you noted your reasons. Your
anonymous as judges, but your still music industry people. Were not coming.
Your not paying attention. Outside the shit-stem is a real SEX PISTOL." To
see the note with your own eyes, check out
http://www.TheFilthandtheFury.co.uk

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

DECADES of intense Jedi training, man. :cool: Come on, lighten up -- making any statement that fits the template "pop group x is the most influential group *ever*" is just BEGGING for wiseacre commentary!

Now, I don't deny that Kraftwerk may have had an enormous influence on a lot of pop music (you know more about 'em than I do), but the topic is simply too subjective to get defensive about any sort of "most. . .ever" statement.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
"...and vhen I-ee phush auh special key, it plays auh little mell-ody..."

If was Kraftwerk I'd fight induction, tooth and nail too!;)

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Just a note to you music fans:

The 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame airs live tonight (Monday, March 12) on both MHD and on VH1. At 7:30 central.

R.E.M. is being inducted. Peter Buck, Mike Mills and Michael Stipe reunite with their original drummer Bill Berry and play live. These guys are great live!! If you are a music fan, this is a rare treat to see these 4 together again.

The whole show should be interesting too. Van Halen will be there but apparently can't figure out a way to play together live. Really a missed opportunity.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
despite the inner turmoil, I would love to see Roth and Hagar sharing the stage together, I mean, it's the HoF

John Mil

Agent
supposedly the only memeber Of Van Halen that will be on hand will be Michael Anthony. Eddie has gone into or is soon to be going into rehab. David Lee Roth won't be there because he says he is upset that The Hall of Fame will not allow him to perform( I guess he expected to perform with Velvet Revolver?). Man, what a mess!

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member

I read somewhere that Sammy will be there as well. Geez, you would think the various VH band members would attend such a "once-in-a-lifetime" moment. OTOH, I'd love to see Sammy and MA perform with Velvet Revolver.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I found it funny that the HoF people didn't want Dave to perform Jump because of Velvet Revolver rehearsing the song. I mean, who was the voice on the song in the first place? Since the award is for VH and not Velvet Revolver, I think "Dave wants to sing Jump" would veto out Velvet Revolver

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks