What's new
World Wide Stereo

Recommend me a DVI cable for my Computer/RPTV connection (1 Viewer)

Wes_R

Agent
TV is Sony 51" kp10 series.
Computer GFX card is a GF3 TI500 with DVI out.

Ive searched ebay, online, compusa (i get fedex discount there), and everywhere i look the cables are near $50 and up for a couple feet!! Crazy!

All i need is about 6ft-12ft of cable and im set.
I think both ends need to be male..

Anyone have any suggestions? I want the HDTV widescreen feature for my computer viewing needs.

Thanks.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
There are several DVI formats. Check out the manual for both your video card and TV to see which type they need. If the manual doesn't say, you can look at the jack itself to see the pinout configuration. This link should help in determining what type you need. http://www.datapro.net/dvi.html#Page05

Ben Mecham

Agent
Sounds like you're going to have a hard time.
DVI cables are just expensive - they're one of the most complex connections out there! For 6-12 ft you can expect to pay about $50, even for bargain-basement.
I know you've probably checked it out, but did the video card come with a DVI cable? I know any card I've bought that had DVI out came with one. It's probably not long enough for what you need though. Just thought I'd ask.
Good luck!
Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks