What's new

Quick ? for Yamaha HTR-5760 users (1 Viewer)

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
No, it comes through on the analog only, if I'm not mistaken. I have one BTW. The 1400/5790 has component upconversion, so the OSD would be present through the component input.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Robert,

Actually, this is not too big of a deal. Keep in mind that some TVs can't properly display signals from the receiver because they might be incapable of doing this. You can still connect a standard composite or S-Video cable between the receiver and your TV to display setup information when you initially setup the receiver. The only thing that will not be present is the display information on the TV each time you change the volume on the receiver.

Robert James Clark

Second Unit
My current Onkyo TX-600 only outputs info on composite so I'm used to it with my Panasonic AE500u. Just interested in being able to see it onscreen without turning on my monitor.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Be hardcore and get the 13" Gateway LCD TV from Best Buy for $300 and have it in your equiptment rack dedicated to OSD controls :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Robert James Clark

Second Unit
I actually have a little 4" LCD monitor mounted on my table for onscreen display and DVD-audio discs. It's pretty handy and was about $60 at compgeeks... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks