What's new

Quick AV-15 question beforre it goes off sale (1 Viewer)

John E Janowitz

Second Unit
Regarding a new AV woofer preorder, that is being planned right now. If/when I do this, I will be having TC Sounds order all new parts. No more dustcaps or cones with lines on them. The plan is to actually have TC get parts for 400 woofers this time. That way I will still have 200 or more left in stock after the preorder is over.

TC now gave me a guarantee of 10 weeks for delivery from the time I send in the PO and 25% down on the order. Last time the AV15's were delayed because the cone had to be tooled up specifically for the woofer. That took much longer than expected. Then the Chinese New Year happened and delayed getting other parts to TC because the whole country basically shuts down for several weeks. The original AV12 cones had to be replaced due to the improper paint. Then the replacement cones ended up having the same problems. A different source was now found for the AV12 cones, as well as the dustcaps.

It looks as though all the problems are now ironed out. So, assuming that woofers can be delivered 10 weeks from the time the preorder is finished, is there some interest in another preorder? I would need a minimum of about 60 woofers combined between the AV12's and AV15's to make this happen. What are your thoughts?

John

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
John,

How about this... (No Catch22)

You need help with the web site... I am offering my services
for FREE... Yes, Free.. No pay, no trades, no discounts just
a person who understands how many irons you have in the fire
and wants to help a good person out.

I would even help with the emails but being I am "not there"
it would be too hard for me to give people advice on things
I am not involved in.

But as far as web site updates I am more than willing to
help. I have a decades worth of experiance with HTML and
Graphics Design, you have complete control of the "look"
you just tell me what to update.

If that sounds reasonable you know my email and my AIM
handle :)

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
And as for the Pre Order..

Yes I will take a second AV-12 for sure... No questions
asked... So put me on the Pre List..

Martice

Screenwriter
Hey Brett.

Class Act. :emoji_thumbsup:

As far as some of Brett's graphics work goes, Ive seen some of it around this forum (love the Pentium 4 chip)and his obvious talent speaks for itself.

Gary Joe

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I ordered my AV15 too late I think (out of stock) so if I didn't get one then put me down for at least 1 15".

Actually as an entrepreneur I can really sympathize with financial limitations right now(darn economy).:frowning: I kind of feel bad being so critical without having all the facts. However my previous statements still contain truth though.

I'll spread the word and try to drum up some business. Coming up with 60 more unit orders shouldn't be a prob. for such a price/performance bargain. Besides, if I want one I need to do something to make sure there is another pre-order to get in on.

Good luck to you, John.

FredC

Grip
I will be in for one of the drivers, just not sure which one yet, for a future sonosub project. And the time frame withthe 10 week lead time will actually work out better for me as I won't be building for a little while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks