What's new

Queen storage beds in Toronto area? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Hello folks. I need a new bed, and I have a somewhat smaller room, so I am looking to eliminate my dresser and bedside table by purchasing a queen storage bed. They certainly aren't all that common. I have seen a few online, but I was hoping to find one in the Toronto area. Has anybody seen a good Queen storage bed? Here is what they look like:

and matching headboard...

Of course, this is on a US website that does not ship to Canada.

I am checking around at furniture stores, but it is a hassle. It's not the most common peice of furniture but it is really handy. Has anybody seen something like this in the GTA?

thanks,

:)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
IKEA sells a bunch of beds that you can put sliding drawers underneath... some even as an add on to an existing bed (if it's tall enough).

Jay

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Ikea's bed with storage is called "Mandal" and the drawers are too shallow. I am going to build my own bed. I may get a mattress from Ikea though.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I may get plans, or, I could even get a very simple Ikea bed and just build a "dresser/storage-bin" that snugs right underneath. Lot's of options. A friend has made a good storage bed before, so I'm going to check with him first :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Try searching on "captain's bed." A short search shows that they are available in queen size. According to wiki, they are "also known as a chest bed or cabin bed." The ones I'm finding are very expensive, however.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member

Thanks. I'll keep those in mind. Even if I don't buy one (would rather build my own now anyways, seeing how expensive they are).. I can still use the links and research to help me design my own :)

Joshua44

Auditioning
Real Name
milonroid
Hi
Once try in Ebay and Ikea ...Here you can find some good Queen storage beds at affordable price ...
All the best ...

bedspreads

Joshua44

Auditioning
Real Name
milonroid
Hi
Once try in Ebay and Ikea ...Here you can find some good Queen storage beds at affordable price ...
All the best ...

bedspreads

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks