What's new

Problem with "Friday Night Lights"? (1 Viewer)

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
This is really disappointing! 15 minutes into the disc...pauses, lipsynch problems, stuttering, pixelations...take out the disc to wipe...problem seems to disappear. However, 25 minutes later, picture pauses, no audio, cannot get player to FF or STOP!

It seems that the recent update didn't help. Why is the Toshiba so sensitive in playing HD-DVD discs, and yet I never have a problem playing standard discs? Also had a glitch with "The Bourne Supremacy" but nothing major.

Now, each time I buy a new HD-DVD disc, I wonder if it's going to give me problems. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
Have you updated your firmware? If not, that could be your problem. Or maybe you just got a bad player. My copy of FNL played fine.

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I was so desperate to watch this disc (I love watching sports movies) that I ended up wiping it with a Baby Wipe. I allowed the disc to dry, then I wiped out any residue, then wiped it again till it was shining like glass. Popped in the disc again, and it played all the way through! I DO NOT recommend Baby Wipes, but it did work. Btw, another poster told me that this was the first disc that gave him problems also. I think that the Toshiba is so sensitive to HD discs, that any speckle of dirt will cause it to malfunction.

Anyway, thanks for listening...had to vent.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Well...
how's it look when its NOT burping & slurping (insert baby noises)??? ;-)
The SD DVD had an almost 3D effect with the rain during the game scenes.

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
LOL, Ed! I didn't see the standard version of FNL, but now you got me curious of the comparisons. Btw, I was very worried the player was going to spit-up the disc, but it didn't. :)

Terry-A

Agent
Real Name
Terry Anderson
get a Memorex OptiFix Pro.....it works great and dosnt scratch the disc....i clean the movies right out of the case even brand new....i had brand new disc's that skipped and went out of sync right from the case....cut down on 99% of the skipping and sync problems....if you have any trouble after cleaning it take it right back or send it right back to the store.....Pitch Black was a bad disc for me...played once thru great then the next day couldnt get it to work....sent it back and got a new one...works great now....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks