What's new

Problem with Denon AVR 1911 (1 Viewer)

quartermoon

Auditioning
Real Name
Brad Moon
I've had this unit for about a year and haven't experienced any problems until yesterday. Turned it on in the morning and I had no sound/ no picture. Light is green on the reciever. I turned it off and then back on and still nothing. After several cycles, I did get sound, but still no picture. I then switched the receiver to another source (xbox) and there was again no sound or picture. I switched the receiver to HD radio and still no sound. I then did the factory reset and still no sound and/or picture (I'm using the HDMI ins and out). I did the reset again with the same result, including trying HD radio, and all the other sources.
I took out my old receiver and hooked it up and all sources are outputing video/sound.
Any ideas? Is the Denon toast?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Give it about 1-6 hours unplugged from the wall. That should dissipate any residual "brain" electricity...
If it doesn't come back, then yes it likely is done. These things have micro-processors in them. Occasionally starving it of electricity is the only way to get a "fresh" re-boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.