What's new

power problem on Denon AVR-3300? (1 Viewer)

AsherC

Auditioning
Real Name
Asher
Have any of you encountered this problem? I got back from vacation (during which everything was unplugged), and when I got back and tried to turn on the Denon AVR-3300 receiver, it does the following. The unit's panel turns on and scrolls through the usual "Digital AV Surround Receiver" and then immediately shuts off, followed by "rapid flashing" of the red LED power indicator. All of this takes about 3 seconds.

I've read through the manual, and the troubleshoot section says that this could be due to overheating or to shorting of the speakers. But this happens every time, even when the unit is cold, so I don't see how it could be the overheating. It also happens with all speakers unplugged, so no possibility of an external short.

Clearly there is some sort of power issue, but the unit is getting power (the power LED is lit, etc.). The manual also mentions something about re-initializing the microprocessor, in a different section...would this do anything to help, or does it just reset all user-defined features to default? I've emailed the Denon support, but no word yet, so any insights would be appreciated.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
You probably won’t get much help from Denon. Your best bet is to take it back to the dealer you bought it from, or a local authorized Denon repair shop.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
check you connections for a short, specifically speaker cables. Check the fuses, though it is likely that if a fuse is blown the receiver would either not turn on at all or turn on and produce no sound. The least likely common scenario is a bad transistor causing a sort inside the unit activating the protection circuit. When you turn on a receiver there is a click, then a second click 3-4 seconds later. The first click powers up the transformer and begins to store energy in the Capacitors (the round can-like structures in the receiver), once they are full the second click allows current to go to the transistors. If the transistor is bad the receiver will shut off or a fuse will blow. If it is a fuse be sure to replace it with the same rated fuse. If the rating is to low the fuse will blow if it is to high it allows to much current into the receiver and will damage circuits.
Seth=L

garyLee

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary Lee
I have exactly the same problem.
Did any1 have any further suggestion?
I heard the 2 click and the power shut off.
[COLOR= rgb(48, 48, 48)]
  • AsherC how did you fix your problem?
  • did you replace the transistor??
[/COLOR]
many thanks,
Gary Lee

Musick7

Auditioning
Real Name
Harlan Smith
Hi Garylee

There is a Way to reset the AVR 3300 that will reset the system… I forget which buttons to hit but I'm sure google will have something on it.
I know the post is old but maybe if you fixed it someone else will come along and need some info.

a great link to DIY your AVR 3300 is,
http://nikita.tnnet.fi/~weopu/specials/fixingdenon/

If I would've known about this before I sent mine in I would've done this!

ricdelros

Auditioning
Real Name
ricardo
Hi AsherC and Garylee!!..It's been very long time opening this hometheater forum thread of yours and lucky I bump-in to ask some details on how did you solved the problem of Denon AVR3300 which i think is exactly i have the same problem of shutting off the system after seeing "Digital AV Surround Receiver" readout.

Would you care to share some insights so as i can approach to some repair because the system has too many parts and been exhausted in resoldering and checking parts but nowhere i can find it...

This unit is given by a friend and after connecting it in my cd player, it took only 2 cd's to play then becomes inoperative..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks