What's new

POST EVENT Roundup - ScooterPaooza 2003: Scoot Almighty (1 Viewer)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
We screened a few things. Nothing special.
:frowning:

Why the secrecy and coverup?

Granted, it was probably a dvd shown before release date, but what harm could be done to reveal the title?

From what I gather, Scooter puts up a lavish party, one I'd love to have attended. But I'm sure like many others, geography and time constraints prevented me from participating in grand fun.

So it would be nice to kind of vicariously live through the attendees, and knowing the title of the dvd shown would help.

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
I believe the main reason that we’re sworn to secrecy on the film title is that administrators from “other” Forums read threads like this one.
If they found out what studio gave us the film they will be bugging the marketing reps for equal treatment.
If we keep it a secret they don’t know what they’re missing.

I’m sure Ron will elaborate on this if need be.

Shawn S

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Peter Kim:

Shawn and Chris have hit the nail on the head - it took a lot of effort by Ron and Parker to get us the feature that they did, and all the people who were there were sworn to secrecy by sacrificing their twentieth born child (just kidding :D :p) ) Well, all kidding aside, I am sure Ron and others who were there with us during this event want to share the details as much as you want to know. But to keep the trust between our site and the studios, we are keeping mum. Once Ron gives us the word though... :D

Evan S: Well, Holadem speaks from experience, and so do I - come. It's fun to meet the cool folks at a HTF meet. Even my parents who didn't know anyone had a blast just seeing and meeting new people. :) ;) :wink: Just come... you won't regret it.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Is there going to be another signup sheet? I may try to come, I can bike there, although getting home would be interesting. Maybe I'll bring my tent and camp in your backyard and ride home Sunday... I can always help in the cleanup then too.

Jay

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Because we really don't want to have to kill everyone that we tell. So in order to avoid bloodshed we decided to keep this information just to those that attended.
Chris, Shawn, Woo Jae...thanks for being direct and offering insight. As for the other responses, I guess thanks for being coy? I can respect that the purveyors want to honor whatever agreement that they were bound to by the studio and a simple mention of such would have sufficed.

In past years, the ScooterPalooza write-ups revealed the title of the prerelease screenings (e.g., T2: Special Edition), so that's probably the root of my confusion.

Issue is dead...just my abandonment issues rearing its ugly head again. If Scooter didn't put on such a magnificent party and make the divide between those who attended and those who couldn't greater, this would never be an issue. Hopefully Scooter's relocation takes him anywhere to the Midwest, where the deer and the antelope graze. ;)

Shawn Sefranek

Second Unit
I took all the photos for the event including a few DURING the main feature.
They’re available in High-resolution to the highest bidder via PayPal. :D

Shawn S

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
:laugh:

Well, if you're selling the RAW images from your G3, I might bite - I love sauces, so I'd like to know if I can guess the recipe to Ron's secret chicken marinade if you've got macros.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member

And this happens more often in the cutthroat world of A/V message boards than most people realize.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Why the secrecy and coverup?
Because it was "From the Files of the CIA- Who Killed Kennedy: The Real Story"

Unfortunately it got too political and both Ron and Steve Simon dove for it knocking them both senseless, but not before their outstretched cigars burned the disc before we could see the ending

Happy? :)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
And believe it or not the flames got 3x that high later in the evening.

I distinctly heard Beavis shouting 'Fire, FIRE!' from the rooftops....

Oh, and to clear up some confusion, several of the past Scooterpaloozas have had features whose titles were obfuscated for a good length of time due to negotiations.

We SINCERELY appreciate the lengths the honchos go to to get us these treats, and THANK the studios involved for entrusting us to not blab!

Sam

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Peter:

I hope you know that what I said was all tongue in cheek or something like that.

Believe me if we could say we would be the 1st ones to say so we could beat everyone else to the punch.

As you can also see we almost didn't have this years event due to the fire. But fortunately we had plenty of Millwookies Best (don't tell Scooter though) to put out the fire and it saved the day.

We SINCERELY appreciate the lengths the honchos go to to get us these treats, and THANK the studios involved for entrusting us to not blab!
I couldn't have said it better.

Parker

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
The fire nailed my tomato plants' lower leaves. Next time..keep the fire on "LOW"!!!! ;)

As for the flick...this is not the first time we had to keep hushed about what was screened. The first time was with U-571 where we were given a 2nd flick to show but couldn't mention the name.

As for Oct. 18th...I have to work on my organising skills and get that show on the road....more coming soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks