What's new

POLL 'STREETS OF FIRE: Collector's Edition' Universal considering it! (1 Viewer)

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
POLL 'STREETS OF FIRE: Collector's Edition' Universal considering it!

Universal are considering a Collector's Edition of the Walter Hill cult classic 'STREETS OF FIRE'

starring Diane Lane, Willem Dafoe, Bill Paxton, Rick Moranis, Michael Pare, and Amy Madigan.

If you are interested in seeing this film as a loaded Special Edition, please join the poll. Maybe,

we can make a difference between a 'YES' and a 'NO'. All constructive support will be very

appreciated!

Can we start a POLL?

Thanks,

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Martin,

I would say that starting an electronic petion would better suit the needs.

I beleive that there are websites that provide this service.

Other HTF members have used this service in the past for getting support for the OAR of Willy Wonka and others.

As I wish I could send you in the right direction for this site, I can not. Maybe another member here can...

As for support of an SE of STREETS OF FIRE... Count me in!

Dugger

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I would be happy if the existing edition just came down in price. The SRP is still $24.98 for the version that's been out over 2½ years, and Universal shows no sign of marking it down.

I guess I would support an SE release just so the bare-bones edition can get marked down a tad. After all, I like the music more than I like the movie (and why not?; several of the songs were done by the incomparable Jim Steinman!).

Don't get me wrong. I don't mean to thread-crap and the movie is okay. I'm just looking more for a decent price than I am for an SE.

But I may be the lone ranger on that; the overwhelming majority probably prefers an SE on this one.

Rey L

Stunt Coordinator
I've been waiting for a SE DVD of Streets of Fire since the original was released. I love this film.
I'm also hoping that they include (as a supplement), "Music Videos from Streets of Fire", which was released as a seperate videotape back in the day. It contained the videos as well as some behind the scenes footage.
That's an emphatic "yes" by the way. :emoji_thumbsup:

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
Count me in!

Also, if there were anyway to get an isolated music track...(I much prefer the a cappella version of Countdown to Love to the version on the soundtrack.)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Once a petition is up, I'll sign it, but for now...

I'm in on this, majorly! Count me!

Sincerely,

John "Diane Lane was hot in that movie...too bad her singing was dubbed" Kilduff

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Yes!
We're talking about music in Streets Of Fire and no one has mentioned THE BLASTERS? One of the GREAT rock bands of all time!

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
This is what I'd LOVE to see on a 'Streets Of Fire' SE:

Brand new anamorphic enhanced widescreen video.

Dolby Digital and DTS audio.

Inside 'Streets of Fire' 1984 original behind-the-scenes documentary produced by Westgate Productions Ltd.

Retrospective documentary on the film and it's large cult following, with new interviews with cast and crew.

The Music Videos for 'Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young', 'Nowhere Fast', 'Sorcerer', and the smash-hit 'I Can Dream About You'.

All of the films Theatrical Trailers and Teasers.

Photo galleries including cast portraits, behind-the-scenes, and artwork and publicity.

Up-to-date cast and crew biographies and filmographies.

Production notes.

DVD-ROM content.

And if an Ultimate Edition - how about a pan-and-scan version on another disc with further supplements?

I really hope we can get enough people to join in on this so that Universal re-release it as an SE.

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
I would definitely pick up a Streets Of Fire SE.
For anyone who likes the song Sorcerer (sung by Marilyn Martin on the soundtrack), the song's writer, Stevie Nicks, recorded the song with Sheryl Crow on backing vocals on Stevie's latest CD Trouble in Shangri-La. A far superior version IMHO.

John P Grosskopf

Second Unit
Hope this S.E. is not going NOWHERE FAST because TONIGHT IS WHAT IT MEANS TO BE YOUNG.
If it takes a SORCERER to make this title happen, then let's find one in the BLUE SHADOWS to be the ONE BAD STUD that goes DEEPER AND DEEPER into Universal's vaults to get some really good suplemental material for this release.
I'd like to be able to tell Diane Lane, "I CAN DREAM ABOUT YOU, but because I'm married, the woman in my life COULD NEVER BE YOU ."
Regardless, I guess infatuation with Diane Lane is simply a COUNTDOWN TO LOVE that will never happen, and I'm gonna have to get my wife to HOLD THAT SNAKE instead.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Count me in for a special edition. The most important feature for me would be a Walter Hill commentary track as there are many of his fine titles already on DVD, but no Hill participation that I can think of. The studios have really missed the boat on HARD TIMES, THE WARRIORS, THE LONG RIDERS, SOUTHERN COMFORT, 48 HRS., and STREETS OF FIRE to name a few. But a STREETS OF FIRE reissue would certainly be a step in the right direction. And where's THE DRIVER, Fox?

Jon

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I'd love to see a special edtion as well.

On a side note... the last time I went to Universal Studios, they had just wrapped up filming for Streets Of Fire (yes, it has been awile) so the tram actually cruised through the outdoor sets for the film. I thought it was pretty cool (I was only 14 at the time) when I finally saw the movie and thought about actually "being there."

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
O.K. guys! Great.

Let's keep this going. It has a large cult following and would make a great Special Edition (with anamorphic video and DTS!)

Keep your votes coming, please.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.