What's new

Police hand-cuff 5 year old girl at school (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yes he is.

And he is right, or else you haven't been around enough African Americans. In the minds of a 5 year old from that socio-economic class, the race of the officer makes a big difference.

That it sucks doesn't make it less true.

--
H

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
Holadem is right, the race does make a difference. But the whole article painted the picture that this girl was somehow driven to be aggressive, that someone was provoking her. I don't think so, she just has issues and thinks she can do whatever she pleases. Reality is going hit sooner or later, hopefully this was one of those "sooner" experiences that help her understand she isn't the one the world revolves around.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Given that fact, I don't see how anyone can claim that the handcuffing was the result of racially ignorant white officers. Race is a nonissue here.

Colton

Supporting Actor
It's not like they went all Rodney King on her. I don't see the problem with handcuffing her.

- Colton

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
The Dr. Weinberg quoted in the article seemed to want to raise the issue, Holadem.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter

So is this stating that the parent of the African-American child is teaching their child a bigoted opinion about Whites or they saying that White Officers can't relate at all with anyone that's of African-American descent due to not being of the same race (thus another bigotry)? I find this to be very insulting on so many levels that states two races aren't smart enough to communicate with each other for a common goal that the child was doing something wrong and there's a consequences about it.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I read this the same way and I feel just horrible for this kid, or any kid that is raised with racist values. Truly sad. :frowning:

Trevor Harveaux

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, call me crazy, call me a radical. I think we should have military boarding schools where the problem kids are sent if they are unable to keep themselves from becoming a disturbance in the classroom. If nothing else it will give the teachers a viable threat, either act civilized or get shipped out.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
trevor! you crazy radical. how dare you insinuate that there be consequences for children who do not behave at school. i am disgusted!

kevin t

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
Checking in as a parent of two children, 7 and 5....I FULLY condone the handcuffing of that child.

My CHILDREN saw that video, and couldn't believe how that girl was conducting herself. I didn't even need to say anything...because I raise them with behavioral guidelines, so they knew it was wrong.

Remember right and wrong? Remember when we actually used to accept those as guidelines for behavior?
Remember when we didn't say things like "Well, she's just expressing herself differently".
Remember when if your child was seen acting this way, you as a parent, would actually be embarrased because of your ineptitude? And would never DREAM of suing, because YOU are an AWFUL parent?

Why is it that in these situations in America 2005, there are people who look to blame those who tried to get things under control BEFORE the parent who did NOTHING to raise a child with some structure?

I'm just tired of the idealisim. Get real. Wake up.
The most delicate way to handle a situation, doesn't always work. Deal with it.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter

I think we're starting to see the consequences of the "self-esteem" problem solving method. I remember seeing this come thru as I was in highschool with let's boost everyone's self-esteem, we won't play games to determine winners and losers, etc. I bet this parent actually believes it's not their fault and in the end it will be the child that suffers and not the school system in the long run, no amount of money will help a child if the parent can't see the wrong and instruct their child in the right ways.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

I don't know if he is serious, but apparently he is not a very good psychologist, since there was a black officer in the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks