What's new

Plinkett's Review of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is Up (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Merry Christmas http://redlettermedia.com/mr-plinetts-indiana-jones-and-the-kingdom-of-the-crystal-skull-review/

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
WillG said:
Merry Christmas http://redlettermedia.com/mr-plinetts-indiana-jones-and-the-kingdom-of-the-crystal-skull-review/
And......

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The guy makes good points, but his adopted persona is appalling. I turned it off with the Olsen twins bit.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the guy does good points but it's easy to make fun of something when the bulk of your audience doesn't like it. If he turns his critical eye to very flawed but beloved movies like Return Of The Jedi or Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom, he'll gain my respect because he'll show that he's willing to take a chance on pissing people off by looking at all movies in the same way. I fully expect the same people from the Star Wars threads to disagree with me but since we've all been through it before, I'll save us the time and probably not post much in this thread.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I agree with Travis. I thought the review was funny. Nothing that hasn't been discussed between my friends and I a dozen times, but a good laugh nontheless. But I'd like to see 'Plinkett' review something other than widely ridiculed films too. AVATAR was the closest, I guess, and I loved that. Wish he'd do more.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
I can't see Stoklasa going after Return of the Jedi. It takes more than simple flaws earn the scorn of RedLetterMedia. There has to be something conceptually wrong -- almost ill-intentioned -- with the whole approach that was taken to produce the movie. For the Star Trek:TNG movies, it was the departure from what made the television shows good, a lack of faithfulness to the characters, and dumb ideas mandated by the studio (e.x. forcing the first movie to have the old cast because they didn't have enough confidence in the TNG cast). For the Star Wars prequels, the problem was (in Stoklasa's opinion) George's Lucas' dominance over the process and the unwillingness of those around him to question his decisions, exemplified by the plot holes in the script, over-reliance on green screens, etc. For Crystal Skull, it was Spielberg's and Lucas' unwillingness to take risks and their confusion about what makes the character appealing. I don't think the flaws of Return of the Jedi, The Temple of Doom, or the Last Crusade rise to that level.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I love his reviews. Always good for a laugh, even upon multiple viewings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks