1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Picture of new H/K Receivers

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Wayne Ernst, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Well-Known Member

I found this picture over at the HomeTheaterHifi.com site a short while ago. This picture shows how the new Harman Kardon receivers will look when they are released in a few months.

[​IMG]

Here is the link to the area where I found the picture -- lots of nice looking goodies were displayed at CEDIA.

HomeTheaterHiFi.Com

2. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Well-Known Member

Wow going to Secrets for the pictures was great, thanks.

3. David G Greene

David G Greene Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. Drew_W

Drew_W Well-Known Member

Meh, those H/Ks aren't a dazzling improvement over the x25s aesthetically...some will probably argue it's not an improvement at all...

The real question lies in what changes are under the hood?

5. Don Barduca

Don Barduca Well-Known Member

Does the dial constantly glow like that? I think I would find that a bit distracting. Of course I found last years models cluttered with lights a such a bit to much to take as well.

6. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Well-Known Member

I like the front of the HK units, they are very well designed. It brings a nice amount of attention to the unit but it doesn't distract enough to take away from watching the movie. I like the units display, I just wonder how strong those blues lights are in it.

7. GregClarke

GregClarke Well-Known Member

8. Jeff Savage

Jeff Savage Well-Known Member

Arrrgh It drives me nuts that everyone is putting silver back into their components. It reflects light like crazy and looks so '80s blah. I guess I will have to wait until black comes back into fashion to buy new gear.

9. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Well-Known Member

10. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Well-Known Member

11. NickSP

NickSP Well-Known Member

They resemble some Technics receivers I thought. Not that technics are bad to look at or anything...[​IMG]

12. Kevin Deacon

Kevin Deacon Well-Known Member

The new ones look horrible to me. Maybe they need a woman to design these things. Well, maybe they had a woman design these things. Whatever...

13. Jason GT

Jason GT Well-Known Member

The new HKs are interesting. The 230 is a 6.1 with a full set of preouts -- quite a step up from the 225 IMO.

Regarding the looks - I don't really like the silver/grey but the volume knob glow is cool - as long as you can shut it off.

The present HKs? I think they're gorgeous. It's a simple front face design, and there is no button clutter. However, I hate all the green lights with all the unused surround modes lit up for no reason whatsoever. Other than that, the front face is about as good as it gets.

14. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Well-Known Member

Jason I definantly agree with you about the face panel on how nice it is but I have to disagree with the surround modes and such not being in use. If you are looking to scan through surround modes in a dark room you won't be able to see what you are really selecting and such... either way I think it adds a nice addition.

6.1 is always a plus to it as well!

15. Kevin L K

Kevin L K Well-Known Member

If you want a REALLY good look at the new receivers at H/K's site just click on one of their current receivers--for instance the 325,and then type one of the new model numbers in the address in place of the current model number and they have the pictures right there:

In other words where it says "325" in the address just type "330" over it and the picture pops up:

http://www.harmankardon.com/product_...%20330&sType=C

16. David G Greene

David G Greene Well-Known Member

Thanks!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

17. Jake K

Jake K Well-Known Member

Wow, the AVR230 has 6 channels of amplification, 7.1 pre-amp outputs, component video, and an adjustable crossover! Quite an improvement over the AVR225.

I like the way they look, but I love the way my AVR125 looks too.

18. JeremyFr

JeremyFr Well-Known Member

I know this will make a-lot of people unhappy but I really didn't think H/K could surpass the ugly factor of there current models looks like they accomplished that [​IMG]

19. Bret Pritchett

Bret Pritchett Well-Known Member

20. The Void

The Void Active Member

I really don't like silver look of these. Other than the silver they look almost identical to this years models with slightly different buttons. I like the look of my AVR325 alot better than the 330 and I'm glad I didn't wait on the new models. There aren't even any new features or upgrades on the 330 that I care about.