What's new

PC and Videogame Wrapup for 4/6 to 4/12 (1 Viewer)

PerryD

Supporting Actor
My Blockbuster had the following for $30 each: Rygar PS2, Super Mario Sunshine GC, and Starfox Adventures GC.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thank you Glen! Picked up my copy of Mechassault last night for $19.99. And thanks for Dave for those additional prices! I was on the fence for Hitman2 and Medal of Honor - but maybe those prices will push me off of it!

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
I found myself in a Wal-Mart today. (First time in MONTHS.)

Walked out with The Thing (Xbox) for $19.99. I always loved the movie. I hope the game is fun.

C

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just out of pure curiousity (not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth) does anyone know why Blockbuster dropped the prices on some pretty new and popular games? Like Mechassault and Metroid Prime, both of which seem to hover around $50 everywhere else on the planet. It's just not like Blockbuster to be the lowest price around...by far!

Hopefully though, this will be a trend they keep up! :D

Dave Mark

Stunt Coordinator
Went to another Blockbuster and noticed the following prices which I believe are price drops:

PS2
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter 29.99
Shinobi 29.99

XBOX
NBA Inside Drive 2003 19.99
NFL Fever 2003 19.99

I was looking for the 19.99 Mechassault but didn't see a copy. I wish there was a complete list of these as well as some information as to whether these are permanent or not. It seems like a large selection of games across all platforms are getting a heavy price cut. Glad to see Blockbuster step up to the plate and be a weekly competitor.

BTW, both BB's still had Max Payne for $49.99 :D .

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Dave, I think you can get them to order the game in for that price.

David posted up above that his location would do that.

Good luck.

Glen

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Recent price drops section updated with new prices on Jet Set Radio Future, Gun Metal, and Soccer Slam for the Xbox. Red Faction and Evolution Skateboarding for the PS2 are also added to the list.

Glen

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Where do you guys get the list of prices for Blockbuster vide games? I looked on their website and it doesn't list them, and the store where I bought mine still had a marquee that said Mechassault was $49.99 (it rung up properly at $19.99). Just thought I'd ask so I can provide another pair of eyes to keep open on future price drops.

Thanks again! Loving Mechassault - enough in fact to make me want to buy XBL...

Dave Mark

Stunt Coordinator
Edited my above post. The NBA 2K series had the price drops (probably the NFL 2K series as well, but they can be had cheaper elsewhaere).

BTW, got Mechassault at BB and I have been extremely pleased in my two hours of playtime. Really fun and easy to pick up and play.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Added Onimusha 2, Everquest Online, and V-Rally 3 for the PS2 to the list.

Edit: Also added Minority Report for the Gamecube to the list.

Glen

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Picked up Minority Report at Best Buy for $9.99. Thanks for the tip, Glen, thanks a whole freakin' lot for making me buy another flippin' GC game! Put that gun away! :wink:

Edit: P.S. -- Here's my revenge: It's a total YMMV situation, but check Zany Brainy B&M if you're near one; they're clearing out video games, mine had them for 75% off the last marked price. I got Scooby Doo and All-Star Baseball 2003 (both for GC) for $7.50 each. They also had Starfox, Super Mario Sunshine, Spider-Man, few others, nothing over $10. Happy hunting -- mwah ha ha haaaaa!

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Aw, crap. Now I have to run to the Zany Brainy on the other side of town to see if they have Starfox... GRRRRR.

Thanks John. :P

Glen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks