1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Parker Lewis Can't Lose - any rumours??

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by BrianNK, Jul 12, 2004.

1. BrianNK

BrianNK Member

Hey all,

Was just fondly recalling my favourite TV shows from the early nineties & realized that "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" isn't available on DVD yet. It aired for 3-4 seasons, when shows from the same era (like "Sledge Hammer") are soon to be available on DVD. I know I'm not alone in thinking this show was great (except for the last season - network execs ran it into the ground) - there has to be a cult following somewhere out there waiting in the shadows. If anyone has heard rumours or knows where I can go to make a difference on this issue, please pipe up with the info.

Thanks in advance,
    BrianNK

2. James Spraggs

James Spraggs Well-Known Member

"Gentlemen, synchronize Swatches!"

I would love to have this on dvd. Very funny show, and one I remember fondly.

3. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Well-Known Member

I voted for it during the last two Columbia surveys. Don't know how many else did. But I do know that the world needs Kubiac on DVD!

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Well-Known Member

Nothing heard here yet, sorry!

5. WillG

WillG Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to see this again. I liked it when it was on (until it was ruined, anyway. the show had about four of five jumps in the later seasons) But somehow, I get the feeling that this might seem cheesy to me today. It was the same thing with "In Living Color" when I bought the DVD. Some was still real funny, but a good portion of the sketches were near painful to watch today.

6. BrianNK

BrianNK Member

I know what you mean, I thought about purchasing "Sledgehammer", but when I watched it I was 14 so I think it would be pretty lame now. I think of Parker lewis as a Ferris Bueller of the nineties and I still love "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", so maybe it will surpass my expectations, or maybe the studios know something I don't.

7. Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis Well-Known Member

A great show- this is where I first saw Tim Stack (who played Parker's dad), before "Son of The Beach", and Abraham Benrubi before "ER". This show should be rediscovered!!

8. Rob Dwyer

Rob Dwyer Well-Known Member

Well, you can always catch Parker Lewis himself as Jonas Quinn in Season 6 of Stargate SG-1 [​IMG]

9. Tony Kwong

Tony Kwong Well-Known Member

Well it came out at the same time as Ferris Bueller the TV series on NBC. I did a review of them 10+ years ago comparing the two, and mention this exact same thing. I also said "Parker Lewis is the new Ferris Bueller" as the Bueller show really sucked!

10. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Well-Known Member

Bringin this up reminded me of the big Kube: Pizza and french fries on sourdough. I think I'll make one tomorrow.

11. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Well-Known Member

Wasn't Jennifer Aniston on the Ferris Bueller TV show? Man, you're right about it sucking...I was only 9 and I remember thinking it was stupid.

12. BrianNK

BrianNK Member

Holy crap, I didn't even know they did a Ferris Bueller TV show, but in my defence it was only on one season. I usually turn my nose up at TV remakes of popular movie anyway, they almost always suck. Yeah Jennifer aniston was a major actor in the show, but more importantly - it was directed by Mr David Banner himself - Bill Bixby.

13. Rob FM

Rob FM Well-Known Member

R
    Well, it's been 6 months...
    Any word?

How many seasons did this show last?

Thanks,
    ~Rob

14. Tony Kwong

Tony Kwong Well-Known Member

The show lasted a full 3 season order. Half hour show. 20-25 or so episodes per season. So it did fairly well for a Fox show.

15. JohnS

JohnS Well-Known Member

John Steffens
    I would definetly buy this. Loved watching it.

I think it should come with a piece of Jerry velcro on the back of the dvd set, so you can attach and detach it from you overcoat[​IMG]

seriously though, I would love to see somekind of reunion doc or commentary. Doc would be nice, so you can see what they look like now.

16. John*P

John*P Well-Known Member

I only watched this show occasionally as a kid, but reading about it today, it seems like something I would really enjoy watching these days. I love surreal, bizarre, cartoony live-action humor. I would buy this show on DVD for sure.

17. ChadKo

ChadKo Well-Known Member

"I know what you mean, I thought about purchasing "Sledgehammer", but when I watched it I was 14 so I think it would be pretty lame now."

Buy Sledge Hammer. You wont be disappointed. Its not as lame and I know that taking out the laugh tracks will breathe new air that you never felt before into the show.

Chad

18. Craig Beam

Craig Beam Well-Known Member

Craig Beam
    Oh man, I'd be all over Parker Lewis Can't Lose. That show was hysterical... [​IMG]

19. John*D

John*D Well-Known Member

You would think with Corin's fame on SG-1 that something would be released...