What's new

Parker Lewis Can't Lose - any rumours?? (1 Viewer)

BrianNK

Auditioning
Hey all,

Was just fondly recalling my favourite TV shows from the early nineties & realized that "Parker Lewis Can't Lose" isn't available on DVD yet. It aired for 3-4 seasons, when shows from the same era (like "Sledge Hammer") are soon to be available on DVD. I know I'm not alone in thinking this show was great (except for the last season - network execs ran it into the ground) - there has to be a cult following somewhere out there waiting in the shadows. If anyone has heard rumours or knows where I can go to make a difference on this issue, please pipe up with the info.

Thanks in advance,
BrianNK

James Spraggs

Stunt Coordinator
"Gentlemen, synchronize Swatches!"

I would love to have this on dvd. Very funny show, and one I remember fondly.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I voted for it during the last two Columbia surveys. Don't know how many else did. But I do know that the world needs Kubiac on DVD!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
It would be interesting to see this again. I liked it when it was on (until it was ruined, anyway. the show had about four of five jumps in the later seasons) But somehow, I get the feeling that this might seem cheesy to me today. It was the same thing with "In Living Color" when I bought the DVD. Some was still real funny, but a good portion of the sketches were near painful to watch today.

BrianNK

Auditioning

I know what you mean, I thought about purchasing "Sledgehammer", but when I watched it I was 14 so I think it would be pretty lame now. I think of Parker lewis as a Ferris Bueller of the nineties and I still love "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", so maybe it will surpass my expectations, or maybe the studios know something I don't.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
A great show- this is where I first saw Tim Stack (who played Parker's dad), before "Son of The Beach", and Abraham Benrubi before "ER". This show should be rediscovered!!

Rob Dwyer

Stunt Coordinator
Well, you can always catch Parker Lewis himself as Jonas Quinn in Season 6 of Stargate SG-1 :D

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor

Well it came out at the same time as Ferris Bueller the TV series on NBC. I did a review of them 10+ years ago comparing the two, and mention this exact same thing. I also said "Parker Lewis is the new Ferris Bueller" as the Bueller show really sucked!

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Bringin this up reminded me of the big Kube: Pizza and french fries on sourdough. I think I'll make one tomorrow.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Wasn't Jennifer Aniston on the Ferris Bueller TV show? Man, you're right about it sucking...I was only 9 and I remember thinking it was stupid.

BrianNK

Auditioning

Holy crap, I didn't even know they did a Ferris Bueller TV show, but in my defence it was only on one season. I usually turn my nose up at TV remakes of popular movie anyway, they almost always suck. Yeah Jennifer aniston was a major actor in the show, but more importantly - it was directed by Mr David Banner himself - Bill Bixby.

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Well, it's been 6 months...
Any word?

How many seasons did this show last?

Thanks,
~Rob

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
The show lasted a full 3 season order. Half hour show. 20-25 or so episodes per season. So it did fairly well for a Fox show.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I would definetly buy this. Loved watching it.

I think it should come with a piece of Jerry velcro on the back of the dvd set, so you can attach and detach it from you overcoat:)

seriously though, I would love to see somekind of reunion doc or commentary. Doc would be nice, so you can see what they look like now.

John*P

Second Unit
I only watched this show occasionally as a kid, but reading about it today, it seems like something I would really enjoy watching these days. I love surreal, bizarre, cartoony live-action humor. I would buy this show on DVD for sure.

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
"I know what you mean, I thought about purchasing "Sledgehammer", but when I watched it I was 14 so I think it would be pretty lame now."

Buy Sledge Hammer. You wont be disappointed. Its not as lame and I know that taking out the laugh tracks will breathe new air that you never felt before into the show.

Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks