1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions of the Dell 4100 MP

Discussion in 'Displays' started by javamike9, Jan 12, 2012.

1. javamike9

javamike9 New Member

I have the opportunity to purchase a Dell 4100 MP for about $150. It is is very good shape, and the bulb is brand new. :jawdrop: I was wondering if it would provide adequate quality for watching a movie/the big game. There was a similar question asked some time ago on here (http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/212638/dell-4100mp-projector) but there were no responses. Would this be a good idea or not? I am not interested in salvaging it, I know the price is pretty incredible. I just want a projector for watching video.

2. GeorgeAB

GeorgeAB Well-Known Member

G. Alan Brown
    It will produce a "watchable" image, but no where near current sub-$2k projection technology. It 's a 4:3 aspect ratio, XGA, DLP, portable business class projector that accepts 1080i or 720p HD video signals. Contrast is not very good. The fan will be noisy. It wasn't designed as a video display device, but for primary use in PowerPoint presentations and class rooms. There is no HDMI/DVI input.

3. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Well-Known Member

Jim
    The only positive about it is it's pretty bright. That's because it's a business projector as George stated. How do you know the bulb is new? Is this on Ebay? If so, good luck.

4. javamike9

javamike9 New Member

Thanks to both of you. My company has an auction site for employees where they liquidate old electronics. I know the bulb is new, because I talked to the person (a friend) who put it in last week. Regardless, since it would not do what I want, I did not get it. Thank you for your insight.