What's new

Official 'Donation Drive' Thread (1 Viewer)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I'm officially predicting $10k by the end of September, and 12 or 13 by the end of the year. My check is in the mail!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Glenn:
We won't be running the donations that long. I imagine we will shut things down next week.
Ron and I are amazed at the turn out of support for this forum. The membership has come through with flying colors and continues to do so. Members have told us that they wanted us to do this and we never wanted to but the need was there.
We cannot thank everyone enough for their contributions. So far the total is in excess of $5,500 and that is not counting the checks that are in the mail to us.
Believe me the server we are putting together is going to be a monster and should serve us well into the future.
Parker

David Tallen

Stunt Coordinator
Parker, after you wrap up this drive, it would be interesting to see some statistics, such as:
Total dollars raised
Total number of individual contributions
Number of contributions through PayPal
Number of contributions by check
Largest single contribution, and
Whatever the hell else you can think of.
I guess I'm just overly curious, but it seems to me (and probably to you) that this effort has been successful beyond expectation, and that there might be something for all of us to learn about grass-roots fund raising in general.
------------------
"If you set aside Three Mile Island and Chernobyl, the safety record of nuclear is really very good." Paul O'Neill, Treasury Secretary.

My check is in the mail! No, really...it is... honest!
wink.gif

------------------
Christian A. Sonntag
"The world owes you nothing. Take responsibility for your own actions!"

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
Parker, is there any chance that we can move back to that upgraded software that was abandoned earlier this year?
~Edwin

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Edwin,
I think that's the plan (to go back to vBulletin).
------------------
http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Parker, why end the drive in a few weeks? I know I was willing to contribute to the forum before a drive was even brought up, and I'll probably feel like contributing again when the drive is over with.
I know you guys don't like asking for or even accepting money, but I think the members are showing support, not only in the number of posts here but in their willingness to donate money. I think all the members of the board think of this place like a clubhouse. If the roof needs replacing then we're all willing to chip in. It's also nice to have a reserve fund for unexpected things.
Gord

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
I too would like to see some donation stats after the drive is over. I think it would be pretty interesting to see. Of course, no names would be mentioned though.
Andrew
------------------
ICQ# - 119869807

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Edwin:
If vBulletin looks stable enough to handle a site the site of ours we will do so.
Andy:
I will definitely post the totals as we get them in.
Gord:
I will discuss with Ron about the possibility of keeping the paypal account and the PO Box open for any one to donate monies any time. We will just close the current drive we have going on.
Eric:
Make sure that Ron has your email address. He keeps the list of those that want to get such emails as when our chats are scheduled, updates to the script, etc. You probably didn't get an email because you aren't on that list.
Parker

Michelle Schmid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michelle Holloway
Parker--
I didn't get an email either, and I SHOULD be on the list. I used to get the HTF newsletter at my work address. When I moved 2/3 of the way across the country I changed my email with the HTF, and got the new welcome email (with new password). I already donated (and am SO glad you guys finally decided to let us help--this place is like a second home!), but am afraid now I won't get the newsletter. Is there something else I need to do to get back on the list with my new email address? Thanks--for everything!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Any of you that didn't get the last email or aren't on the mailing list and want to be on it need to email Ron and let him know your current email address. You can also email Ron and let him know that you don't want to be on the list anymore.
Parker

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
One of the easiest decisions I have made in a long time.
I thought a $20 was appropriate. The check is in the mail, thanks for the P.O. box, I am another "PayPal Paranoid".
I can't wait to see VBulletin in all of it's glory.
------------------
Ivan Lindenfeld
I call it "Extreme Hometheater" Ask me about the Audi TT!

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
I, like others on this forum I guess, subscribe to many other forums across the net. Another one that I frequent, due to owning one of these cars, is;
Link Removed
Take it for a spin... :)
And while your there, you can see My (read:Wife's!) New Beetle
biggrin.gif

The pic is Link Removed
------------------
Regards,
Todd

My HT

[Edited last by Todd Barattini on September 08, 2001 at 07:13 PM]

Wil_J

Stunt Coordinator
This place has been a real treasure trove to me. It took me a while, but my contribution of $20 has been sent.
Keep up the good work HTF!.........Wil
------------------
"The rose petal floats on water,
the kingfisher flashes above the pond.
Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

al'Lan Mandragoran,
*******The Wheel of Time

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Thanks for all the support for sure. We have reached right at $6,100 now. This is so unbelieveable. We will be able to get the server we want and have extra left over for future purchases.
Parker

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
I hope you won't stop the donation drive too soon, I am still waiting for my credit card confirmation code for PayPal and will pay 10$ as soon as it arrives.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

$6,100 ???
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I want to add $20 to the pot after next payday if you don't close it off.
Man. The server equipment that could be bought with that kinda $$$ should put the HTF over the top and thensome!!!!!! :D
------------------
Travis -- "Contrary to popular belief, Travis Hedger, DID NOT infact invent DVD. He was just a very enthusiastic fan!!!"

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Packy,
Don't shut things down too soon. I'm sending off my cheque tomorrow but with the Canadian Postal Service being what it is, I'm not sure how long it'll take to get to the Show Me State.
Patrick
------------------
If you live in Vancouver, B.C. or the surrounding areas, take a look at the Local Home Theater Forum Meets section for a Vancouver meet.
My DVD Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks